Contributor

Re: Thinking of those who are alone

This is a very very thoughtful post, very kind and generous.

Although we have a house full of people, the holidays can be so stressful.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day without many sorrows. 

Honored Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB  Yes, happiness is in our hands and I love your suggestions!

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm alone but not lonely. I'll be around here to see what's up. Woman Happy Just bought some new salmon dog treats for my sweet golden. We keep each other company.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

@SilleeMee ~. You're right.  There is a big difference between being alone and being lonely.  Our fur babies sure do make a difference❤️💚  

Merry Christmas to you and everyone!  ❤️💚🎄💚❤️

Super Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB   I have been telling myself that Christmas Day is only one day out of the year and I have survived 6 months without my mother. She passed away in June. I have a brother and sister in town but Christmas plans haven't been made. Everyone always came to my house because I took care of Mom for 4 and a half years. This year I assume I will go to their respected homes with their gifts. Brother and sister don't get along so as the oldest I am the go between. I will probably take each a plate of food and spent a couple of hours at each home. Or I may spend Christmas alone, I don't know. I do know I can't wait for the season to end. My emotions are all over the place and I tear up over everything. I just hope next holiday season will be better.

Honored Contributor

We had Christmas with the grandkids on Friday and it went very well, thank goodness.  Christmas day DH's daughter will come over as well as a friend that is alone on Christmas.

Personally I am anxious for the day to be over...parents are gone,  sibilings are all over the country and frankly we are all very different and don't really enjoy each other, and I am tired of prepping food.

I have hosted every year since dh and I married in 1979....at least this year I decided the menu for Christmas day is grazing, no big meal.....no ham, no prime rib....

Merry Christmas!

Esteemed Contributor

@Desert Lily

I would rather be alone than spending time with people I don't want to be with.

While I hate saying that out loud, it's the truth.   

To those who will dine solo or with pets, I hope your hearts are at peace and happy.

I'll be gritting my teeth to get through the day.

Trusted Contributor

@Desert Lily

That's very thoughtful of you.

I think a couple of things to help.  If possible take a nice walk in the fresh air or do a little exercise at home.  Also, loving pets are very loyal & are always there for company.

Blessings to everyone,

Honored Contributor

@texassunflower...both of my parents are gone....I get it ....nothing is the same....I don't think kids understand how much parents mean to them until they are no longer on this earth, although I always paid lots of attention to my parents, we had a great relationship...just really miss them.  

All the holidays since I was married were spent with mom and dad, until they passed away....mom at 62 and dad at 71!   We hosted daughter and son in law, and grands on Christmas Eve and then drove several hours to visit mom and dad Christmas day...I miss that.

Honored Contributor

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-AqcgJXC1OSY/VHgzbiPvyfI/AAAAAAAAQ4s/dNzqWo_pvaw/s1600/A%2BChristmas%2BPrayer.jpg

Honored Contributor

Remember.......WE ARE NEVER ALONE......

I will be checking in on here today and tomorrow, as probably many others will too.  I cried last night when I read the posts on here.  Felt very sad, but then after thinking about this thread, it made me thankful for the love and concern many posters on here show concern and love for others.....

Will be saying a special prayer tonight before I go to sleep for all who are feeling alone or lonely.