Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thinking of those who are alone

@Desert Lily, thank you for starting this thread.  I think many of us will be checking in throughout the day and evening tomorrow and Christmas day, so never feel alone.  It will be a very quiet day at home on Tuesday, but I really enjoy the peace.   I feel like this board is a family, usually without drama.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I wish you could all come to my house on Christmas Day. Family & friends are what Holidays are about!! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Desert Lily, thank you for this thoughtful post.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily

Thank you so much for this thread.

I am also alone but will  have  Christmas dinner with my youngest son at his house....that will keep me smiling for a few short hours until i come back home.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your post @Desert Lily.  I think it is possible to feel alone even with others or at times other than holidays, especially if you are an only care taker or have recently lost a close loved one.  I wish that everyone is at peace and finds joy maybe even in the small gestures and actions of others.  Often our precious pets provide us with happiness. So important to be kind and compassionate, I'm reminded of the trials of others that I never would have guessed.  We just had the winter solstice and I am reminded that it is the time to release certain attitudes/actions to look forward to transformation in the spring.  This is a special season of change. I appreciate the people on this board and wish for all of us a sense of purpose and joy.  

Esteemed Contributor

Our family celebrated Christmas early. My son decided he wanted another vacation when he heard Nebraska was in for another snowfall before the end of the year! (They have already had four vacations. Why not go for five in one year? LOL!) 

He didn't tell his wife or 12-year old son where they were going. Just told both of them to pack two suitcases: one for cold weather and one for warm weather. As they were leaving the house on Dec. 21st, he would select the correct suitcases for both of them. It nearly drove my grandson NUTS for over a week! They arrived at the airport and boarded a plane to: Minneapolis. My grandson was so disappointed! "Oh, NO . . . a cold weather vacation." Their next flight was to: ORLANDO! 

Warm weather vacation for Christmas! My son is such a sneaky husband and father! They arrived and are having a wonderful time in the sunny, warm weather. 

I'm taking in their mail, feeding two felines and loving them, changing the litter boxes and praying the one with a cancerous growth stays healthy while in my care. Just like enjoying grandchild . . . and going back home to peace and quiet!! LOL

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Yes I will be checking the forums this holiday. I hate for people to feel sad and lonely but at some time in our lives, most of us will be alone.

Maybe one day those that want to meet somewhere will happen.

I wish everyone here a very Merry Christmas 🎄 and a Happy New Year.

Honored Contributor

I'm alone but not lonely. I'll be around here to see what's up. Woman Happy Just bought some new salmon dog treats for my sweet golden. We keep each other company.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Esteemed Contributor

Wonderful reminder, thank you. Wishing peace and serenity to all.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

I have spent many holiday's alone and I wanted to add a few sugesstions that helped ME.

1) don't dwell on the past or past family events

2) STOP negative thoughts right away....don't make yourself sad

3) don't watch Xmas shows or movies or shows that focus on family 

4) Sometimes going for a walk helps, sometimes it helps to just stay home

5) Call the people you can call and talk on the phone

6) Remember Xmas is 24 hours....try encourage yourself that this is one day

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!