Respected Contributor

Thinking of those who are alone

[ Edited ]

during the holidays and those who may be missing loved ones. I wish you inner peace and happiness during this time. Remember that the forum is here, and there are many poster friends just a click away.

Girl with Christmas ornament.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: Thinking of those who are alone

@Desert Lily

So true...lots of folks may be alone for a variety of reasons.

DH and my Christmas will be spent quietly together as we prepare for his next day’s heart procedure.  I never wanted the week to be over so much so we could face the next hurdle.

As I look back over my 70-some Christmases, the ones I love the most are the ones where we quietly celebrated.

Did the big family (dysfunctional) ones, as host as well as attendee.....so glad they are memories now.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily That's very kind of you. I'll be alone, and I lost my Mom in June. It's a very sad time for me.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Thank you for thinking of us. I have been alone before but for some reason this one is difficult. I just want it over.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily I appreciate that you have started this topic.  I am alone, but my kids will be here for Christmas Eve.  I am lucky to have wonderful children and see them often.  I do Christmas Eve every year.  (Also did it with huge family years ago, but that is all gone now for many reasons.)   I am alone a lot, but try to make the best of it.  I know others are much worse off than I am in that they are alone all the time and have no one for the holidays.   I decorate, cook, buy a lot of gifts, etc., but in my heart is not the same anymore.  I have my faith so that helps.     Merry Christmas and blessings to all.

Esteemed Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

Thank you for thinking of us. I have been alone before but for some reason this one is difficult. I just want it over.

@CLHS68  You’re not alone.Consider me your friend!! Hang in there. You’re a valued person!!💐

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21   You’re not alone. Consider me your friend.I’m honored to know you💐.

Honored Contributor

It'll just be another day for me. I talked to my sister in Pa., last night at which time I got the family's itinerary for the big day.  They're all spending the night a niece's big house and will be together.  Gave me a twinge but I got over it.  I'll fix myself a nice dinner and go about my business.  Too bad some of us on the boards can't get together.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 Your mom would not want you to feel sad.  Remember that.

Honored Contributor

I am pleased  those of you alone, will still have the company of the board. I know it's not like  being  in the same room, but the feelings of friendship, are the same

I am glad this thread was posted ,for you to  rally round