Honored Contributor

Re: Thinking of all that died on this day

@red&curly wrote:
Remembering all the victims & families of September 11th.

New York, Washington, D.C.,Pennsylvania

Yes!  We must remember them all!  We knew someone at the Pentagon who was there on business.  He was one hallway away from the damaged area, but stayed an extra three days to help. He said it was horrific, but he stayed. 

Esteemed Contributor

Worked in NYC that day....I lost friends that day both fireman, a former colleague friend and a colleague lost her husband.  We stayed in NYC and gave those running past us water and masks or invited them in to rest or wait for word about loved ones.   I worked for a Fortune 100 that had a medical department & I was a nurse.  I could not get home to N.J. and stayed in the building two days.  I worked at the respite at the WTC thru the Red Cross from day one until it closed.  I will never forget those lost nor the people who came from around the world to help.  It was a tragic time but a time of great unity.  I thought I'd  never see anything of that magnitude again.....

Valued Contributor

@Stray wrote:

Worked in NYC that day....I lost friends that day both fireman, a former colleague friend and a colleague lost her husband.  We stayed in NYC and gave those running past us water and masks or invited them in to rest or wait for word about loved ones.   I worked for a Fortune 100 that had a medical department & I was a nurse.  I could not get home to N.J. and stayed in the building two days.  I worked at the respite at the WTC thru the Red Cross from day one until it closed.  I will never forget those lost nor the people who came from around the world to help.  It was a tragic time but a time of great unity.  I thought I'd  never see anything of that magnitude again.....

God bless you! Heart