Frequent Contributor

Re: Thinking about leaving my job forever

Wonderful. Enjoy your retirement. Sounds like you have all good plans in place. 

Respected Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

Good for you.  Enjoy retirement because as others have said life is too short.  I had 6 nights in the hospital two weeks ago with my second heart attack.  Plenty of time to think.  After this winter, I'm retiring also full time now.  I work part time for a foot doc right now 4 days a week and the stress of doing everything in that office by myself is killing me slowly.  It's just not worth risking your health. I want to enjoy retirement while I'm still standing so next summer, I will be a permanent retired person.  Amen!!!

Youare risking yours by keeping on working. Why wait until summer if it is slowly killing you? I wish you the best though and hope your health improves;

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Respected Contributor

Something is very strange with this whole story.

You just don't back to a job after vacation and tell them you're retiring.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Respected Contributor

Why not?

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Respected Contributor

@Lotus wrote:

And why not?   After 3 weeks it might be a perfect time to realize you're tired of working.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

@debc wrote:

@Lotus wrote:

And why not?   After 3 weeks it might be a perfect time to realize you're tired of working.

There is a lot of planning that goes into retirement.....for one, meeting with HR......going to SS......paperwork, etc.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Esteemed Contributor

@Mama Mia wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

Good for you.  Enjoy retirement because as others have said life is too short.  I had 6 nights in the hospital two weeks ago with my second heart attack.  Plenty of time to think.  After this winter, I'm retiring also full time now.  I work part time for a foot doc right now 4 days a week and the stress of doing everything in that office by myself is killing me slowly.  It's just not worth risking your health. I want to enjoy retirement while I'm still standing so next summer, I will be a permanent retired person.  Amen!!!

Youare risking yours by keeping on working. Why wait until summer if it is slowly killing you? I wish you the best though and hope your health improves;

mm

I tried to respond to your post and I had a long explanation why I was waiting until next winter, but unfortunately the new boards just didn't post my explanation.  I don't want to go through typing what I typed again, but it doesn't matter really why I'm waiting until the end of this winter or not, I am retiring anyway.  Whether I retire now or wait until the end of the winter really is my choice and I'm not trying to be snarky in the least.  It's just my choice.  I thank you for wishing me well.  It's much appreciated.  

Respected Contributor

@Lotus wrote:

@debc wrote:

@Lotus wrote:

There is a lot of planning that goes into retirement.....for one, meeting with HR......going to SS......paperwork, etc.

LOL, that's all irrelevant to 'thinking about retiring Monday"  Giving notice is just the first step.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Super Contributor

You didnt read her entire post. She has other forms of income, sheesh!

@Lotus wrote:

@debc wrote:

@Lotus wrote:

There is a lot of planning that goes into retirement.....for one, meeting with HR......going to SS......paperwork, etc

@Lotus wrote:

@debc wrote:

@Lotus wrote:

@Lotus wrote:

@debc wrote:

@Lotus wrote:

Go back and reread her entire post.

Respected Contributor

@debc wrote:

@Lotus wrote:

@debc wrote:

@Lotus wrote:

LOL, that's all irrelevant to 'thinking about retiring Monday"  Giving notice is just the first step.

Sounds like she's leaving Mon.

"So, I will be a free woman come Monday."