Honored Contributor

Re: Think of This the Next Time You Spear a Sausage Off the Platter

@Carmie  unfortunately amongst rumors that the Yulin "Festival" would be closed down this year, it continued.  Yes, Nepal has not had an easy time of it either.  I know that there are many Chinese who don't condone this cruelty.  I studied and have a love of Asian art and revere so much about the culture. This senseless brutality, hopefully, one day will no longer exist.  

@Carmie wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Carmie  Unfortunately there is more to it than just a cultural difference and, yes, I don't support our meat/dairy industry either.  During the Yulin Dog Festival the thousands of dogs that have been rounded/stolen up are viciously beaten to death, nailed to walls, have their limbs sawed off, and dipped in boiling oil all while still alive because it is believed that the flavor of the  dog is tastier if it is tortured before death.  I doubt any humane person will accept these heinous acts as simply a cultural difference.  Every year petitions are signed in the US to stop these practices.  I understand that most likely you weren't aware of these facts.  Paul McCartney made a movie "Glass Walls" (as well as many others) that illustrates our ignorance of what really happens behind closed doors with animals who are unable to defend themselves.  If you research Yulin Dog "Festival", I doubt you will be able to accept these practices as simplyt thing hangout it al ata cultural difference.  I practice peace for all sentient beings.  Sometimes the truth brings tears to my eyes.

I know all about the festival and dont support it at all.  This festival only began in 2009, while the eating of dogs has been done for centuries,

Outrage by people around the world have caused this festival to be cancelled.  I hope and pray it will close down altogether,  Until the Chinese government gets involved, it Unfortunally will continue behind closed doors,

Their Government is not known for their humane practices of people either,

Trusted Contributor

I hardly remember my grandfather because he was so old but I do remember how he used to eat food from a knife. Funny, I still remember how he used to balance vegetables on his knife effortlessly.

Honored Contributor

The Asian practice of eating dogs is old school and has been on the decline for many years. It is rarely seen anymore and usually done by the very older population. The younger Asians do not eat dogs and they are setting an example of humane treatment of animals.