Valued Contributor

Re: Think You're Getting Old? A Rock Concert Will Prove It

[ Edited ]

I'm old enough to have seen the Beatles (twice!) in 1964 and 1965. Also saw Elvis, (Vegas), the Rolling Stones, Simon and Garfunkel, and many others. But, limited mobility would probably keep my husband and me from ever getting to see another live concert. Still enjoy oldies on our car  trips, though!

Those of you who remember "Paul Revere and the Raiders"--I actually go to water aerobics class weekly with one of the members of the band! Talk about feeling old. 

Honored Contributor

@PamelaSue72 wrote:

Oh pfffft! to that article. 

DH is 66 and I am 62. Last year, we drove to Ottawa, Canada for the express purpose of seeing AC/DC. Outdoor concert, no parking at the stadium, so we were left to fend for ourselves to find on-street parking. We did. Wonderful, wonderful concert.

@PamelaSue72  Love AC/DC.  We had free tickets a few years ago.  Unfortunately the last few tours were venued outdoors; no way can we stand shoulder to shoulder outside. LOL

One venue here will not allow people to rush the stage, so those in the front who pay premium for a concert get to enjoy what they paid for.  Happened at a Moody Blues concert a few years back.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Contributor

I'm going to Jethro Tull Thursday.  I'll report back after the show.  Last time I saw them was "Passion Play".  Looking forward to seeing them again.  I'm just an old hippie.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just saw on line that The Eagles are continuing to tour with Deacon Frey!! Heart