Esteemed Contributor

Re: Think You're Getting Old? A Rock Concert Will Prove It

@Sooner wrote:

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@handygal2Let me talk oldWoman LOL In Springfield, Missouri (close to where I grew up) they were having their "Route 66 Festival" this weekend. Tonight "Three Dog Night" played. I saw them in concert in Springfield over 40 years agoWoman Surprised

Blast from the PastWoman Very Happy

@VenturaHighway

Well I never been to heaven
But I been to Oklahoma!

@Sooner wrote:

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@handygal2Let me talk oldWoman LOL In Springfield, Missouri (close to where I grew up) they were having their "Route 66 Festival" this weekend. Tonight "Three Dog Night" played. I saw them in concert in Springfield over 40 years agoWoman Surprised

@VenturaHighway

But I been to Oklahoma!

Loved Chuck  Negron !! 'Jerimiah was a bullfrog...' Heart

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@VenturaHighway

But I been to Oklahoma!

@Sooner wrote:

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@VenturaHighway

But I been to Oklahoma!

Loved Chuck  Negron !! 'Jerimiah was a bullfrog...' Heart

Was a good friend of mine too!

Honored Contributor

I couldn't open the link!

I would've liked to see Jethro Tull today in PA, but we went to Chicago for a wedding this weekend.  Saw them at least 7 times growing up.  When I listen to the songs I loved, sometimes I wonder why I loved them.  lol

As far as getting old, yeah, going to see Tom Jones next month in LA.  My mother LOVES him and I wouldn't give his music a listen to --when I was younger. 

My taste has changed for sure.  Can't stand to listen to *rock* stations now.  Doesn't sound like the rock I loved and listened to.  And it's not.  And that's okay.

Now for me to enjoy the rock I grew up with, well, I have to search for *oldies* stations.

I also enjoy listening to 60's music (not really rock songs, but more Motown and I guess *sock hop* or *doo wop* music.  I remember it from my childhood and it makes me smile.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky CharmI considered seeing Jethro Tull at Musikfest this year- but the last time I saw Ian Anderson he was so aged he couldn't hop on one leg and play the flute!!! Woman Sad 

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Lucky CharmI considered seeing Jethro Tull at Musikfest this year- but the last time I saw Ian Anderson he was so aged he couldn't hop on one leg and play the flute!!! Woman Sad 

@Ibby114

OMGosh we were out in the midwest sometime within the past 3 years and passed a marquis in a no name town and he was headlining in a little town theater. 

I used to think he was gorgeous with that mop of blonde hair (a la Songs from the Wood album).  But the billboard picture of him, almost unrecognizable--boo hoo!!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Even when I was in college, I didn't want to go to rock concerts.

However, Jazz was another matter.  Especially Count Basie and Joe Williams.  Unfortunately, most everyone I would want to see is dead. 

The Pablo records jazz concerts were terrific.

Count Basie, Ella Fitzgerald, Joe Pass, Oscar Peterson!  

Newport Jazz festival the first time it was in Saratoga Springs New York.  

Count Basie-my favourite!  

Dizzy Gillespie, Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock, Maynard Ferguson, George Benson, Buddy Rich, Mercer Ellington with the Duke Ellington Orchestra, 

And even Stan Kenton!!  

Give me "old" jazz and big band every time.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Funny but I disagree. I go to concerts once in a while yet. (Last one was last year -Ringos all star band) People of all ages were there. I could see great,no one was smoking anything because the spinkta police watch. Loved the loudness. Even if people stood I get seats up one section from the floor side stage. Perfect view because its on a slant if someone stands its no issue. The ONLY thing that bothers me is now days people sing along. I don't need to hear their voices, just the bands voices.lol..And parking. Well we go early, eat near the venue, then head to the venue, thus no traffic jams. Even when we saw younger musicians or bands no issues (except for the sing alongs.lol). Really.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shorty2U Funny you should mention this. Lionel Ritchie was on a morning news show today talking about his Las Vegas gig. And that it's one big sing along party!! I agree, not my idea of a concert. I want the performer singing!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PamelaSue72

I LOVE AC/DC!  I would go in a heartbeat!

My fav album is "Back In Black".  I purchased it on ITunes several years ago.  I play it often, especially after a tough work day.  And I definately play it during my weight training sessions.  I also play "Thunderstruck" a lot, too Smiley Happy

You and hubby rock!  I think that's awesome!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

My husband is 72 and I am 64.  When we are in our "southern" location, we go dancing every weekend to a great place that has live bands.    The members of the bands are mostly in their 70's and are excellent.  When you hear those songs, it takes you back, and you are young again.  Now THAT is the Fountain of Youth!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!