Respected Contributor

Re: Think You're Getting Old? A Rock Concert Will Prove It

@Cakers3 wrote:

Mitch is a super writer but I strongly disagree that you cannot find better lyrics or artists today.   There were some pretty awful one-hit wonders back then as well as now.

Spread you wings, Mitch.  There are so many talented artists/bands out there; as much as we love the music from our generation we are not so stuck in the past that we cannot appreciate what is out there today. 

I realize Mitch is being tongue in cheek here; I get it.

I agree 100%.   I'm 70 and loveD the music of my era but I don't need to hear it again.  After all of the years, I've heard it enough.  I spent 5 hours last Sunday in a car with my nephew (in his early 40's) playing that music and I thought I'd scream.   Heard it enough!!!  No olden goldies for me.

I listen to current and recently current music and LOVE it.   

Honored Contributor

I just wish I could hear the real Pink Floyd!  

I have heard several I love including the Eagles!

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Mitch is a super writer but I strongly disagree that you cannot find better lyrics or artists today.   There were some pretty awful one-hit wonders back then as well as now.

Spread you wings, Mitch.  There are so many talented artists/bands out there; as much as we love the music from our generation we are not so stuck in the past that we cannot appreciate what is out there today. 

I realize Mitch is being tongue in cheek here; I get it.

I agree 100%.   I'm 70 and loveD the music of my era but I don't need to hear it again.  After all of the years, I've heard it enough.  I spent 5 hours last Sunday in a car with my nephew (in his early 40's) playing that music and I thought I'd scream.   Heard it enough!!!  No olden goldies for me.

I listen to current and recently current music and LOVE it.   

@Bridgegal  There is some great current music out there and I do wish people would take the time to expand into new areas.

I have "oldies" on my iPod but I also have current tunes and classical music.

It's funny because our teen grandson knows tunes from the '70's; his taste in music ranges just like ours and that of his dad. 

I do prefer current music but I still like some oldies, mostly those from the '70's.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I must be the only 62 year old who has never been to a  concert of any kind.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I hate crowds, but I would go to an Eagle's concert if they came to our area. 

Respected Contributor

@handygal2Let me talk oldWoman LOL In Springfield, Missouri (close to where I grew up) they were having their "Route 66 Festival" this weekend. Tonight "Three Dog Night" played. I saw them in concert in Springfield over 40 years agoWoman Surprised

Blast from the PastWoman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I hate crowds, but I would go to an Eagle's concert if they came to our area. 

I saw Don Henley last summer and he said The Eagles were no more since Glenn passed away. But then this summer- Deacon Frey filled in for his Dad! I already ahd tickets for another show-  and I have hopes the band continues. 

Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@Ibby114: I've never seen Queen-- lucky you! In the past several years, l've seen The Rolling Stones, Billy Joel and Elton John together, Paul McCartney, Chicago, Huey Lewis and the News, Michael McDonald, Hall and Oates, and Fleetwood Mac.

I enjoyed every one, despite all of the annoyances Mr. Albom mentions, lol.

@handygal2 Definitey see the Queen show if it comes to your area, I traveled 2 hrs for th show in fact! Adam Lambert would make Freddie proud.Heart

I've seen everyone on your list - Billy Joel probably 15 times over the years (I'm a NY'er Woman Happy) - except Michael McDonald !! One of my upcoming shows is Paul McCartney- what energy! He played for 3 hrs non-stop  last time I saw him a few years back. 

@Ibby114: I'm a NY'er too. The McCartney performance l saw was one of the farewell to Shea Stadium concerts. Wonderful! Enjoy your upcoming one!

@handygal2  Billy Joel closed Shea Stadium (Paul McCartney joined him for a duet- many others did as well!) and Paul McCartney was the first concert at Citifield. I was at both shows! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@Ibby114: I've never seen Queen-- lucky you! In the past several years, l've seen The Rolling Stones, Billy Joel and Elton John together, Paul McCartney, Chicago, Huey Lewis and the News, Michael McDonald, Hall and Oates, and Fleetwood Mac.

I enjoyed every one, despite all of the annoyances Mr. Albom mentions, lol.

@handygal2 Definitey see the Queen show if it comes to your area, I traveled 2 hrs for th show in fact! Adam Lambert would make Freddie proud.Heart

I've seen everyone on your list - Billy Joel probably 15 times over the years (I'm a NY'er Woman Happy) - except Michael McDonald !! One of my upcoming shows is Paul McCartney- what energy! He played for 3 hrs non-stop  last time I saw him a few years back. 

@Ibby114: I'm a NY'er too. The McCartney performance l saw was one of the farewell to Shea Stadium concerts. Wonderful! Enjoy your upcoming one!

@handygal2  Billy Joel closed Shea Stadium (Paul McCartney joined him for a duet- many others did as well!) and Paul McCartney was the first concert at Citifield. I was at both shows! Woman LOL

@Ibby114: You're right. I think l AM getting old, lol. I was also at both of those concerts, and l got the timing of the McCartney one mixed up.  Woman Embarassed  

l recall the significance of it-- the Beatles were the first concert at Shea, and so McCartney was the first one at Citifield.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@handygal2Let me talk oldWoman LOL In Springfield, Missouri (close to where I grew up) they were having their "Route 66 Festival" this weekend. Tonight "Three Dog Night" played. I saw them in concert in Springfield over 40 years agoWoman Surprised

Blast from the PastWoman Very Happy

@VenturaHighway

Well I never been to heaven
But I been to Oklahoma!