Respected Contributor

Re: Think You Had A Bad Day?

So sorry for her. But these are great lessons!  Once I had my purse stolen out of my backpack as a student, wow, did it make me Extra vigilant and cautious about my belongings and the risks all around us... It changed my behavior forever. I still see ladies at the market turning their back on their purses in the cart- Dumb beyond words...

Esteemed Contributor

I’m sorry your niece had such a lousy day. My husband has a fanny pack that he likes to leave in the car. I have begged him not to do that. At least now he puts it in the trunk.

Regular Contributor

So much stress on this new Mom-To-Be~!    Regretfully, I leave my purse locked in an unattended car due to the weightiness, but cover up with a blanket or sweater to deter a break-in, but that is not a guarantee.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624  I feel so sorry for your niece.  What started out as a very nice day did not end well.  

I do hope that her baby is healthy and that she can put this horrible incident behind her.  Let's hope that karma does her job well and gets that awful human being who did this to her.  Shame on the police for not getting her and her dog home safely.  That should be reported.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Super Contributor

I have 2 small cross body bags for situations like that.

I hope she is ok and her delivery uneventful, but happy.

Honored Contributor

I always carry my wallet and cell phone. Of course, that doesn't help your neice. Sorry for her.

Read somewhere about a woman who carried her cell inside her clothes-in her bra I think. She was mugged but able to call for help because she had her cell.

Esteemed Contributor

OMG!! What a terrible thing to happen.As a rule I never leave my wallet in my car.Where I go, it goes.I hope your niece can calm herself & have a save & easy delivery. 

Honored Contributor

When it rains, it pours.

It's always when someone is doing a good thing -- dog park visit, going to the gym -- that they get taken advantage of.    Seems these days if you haven't been a victim of some kind of burglary, you are lucky and in the minority.

But they will have their little blessing this weekend.

Prayers for a safe, easy delivery.

@Kachina624 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 good luck to your neice and baby- I wish for them the very best!!

You see on tv all the time where people wake up to vehicles broken into- why on earth do they leave wallets, computers, purses, weapons and etc hidden is beyond me- people watch and know what your habits are! 

My neighbor is an exec for Kroger and opens new stores- I'd bet a plug nickel to a dime her vehicle has been broken into at least 8 times but yet she still leave things "hidden"?  I encourage everyone to get a crossbody bag, fanny pack or something small enough to put in your pocket- do not leave in vehicle, trunk's ok but not inside.  Thieves and crooks are smart yet stupid, they know & are quick about their mission.

We never, ever leave anything in the vehicle- my purse or some form of purse is always, always with me. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  I'm so sorry she's having to deal with all this...especiallly now! Hope her c-section goes well and she & baby are healthy and happy.

@violann Our church parking lot is not gated, but we are on a fairly quiet road, and actually have 4 parking lots--none really visible from the others. Years ago, there were some cars broken into during church services. After that, a "Safety Detail" was formed, and during every service 3 or 4 of our members either roam the parking lots, or stand at the different entrances (because, these days, break-ins are not the only thing to worry about!). It's worked very well for us!