Esteemed Contributor

Re: Think There Will Be Any Trick-or-Treaters This Halloween?

I think Halloween has jumped the shark. (isnt that the phrase?)

Trusted Contributor

Maybe we'll all have seasonal masks.  Pumpkins for Halloween, Holly for Christmas, hearts, shamrocks, all where the lower part of your face used to be.  Lol

I couldn't resist the image, sorry.  I'm hoping no masks by August (and that's really generous and flexible of me in my mind).  Masks in August would be an ordeal.

Respected Contributor

We have no sidewalks and I have never had trick-or-treaters. It's half a year away. Cannot even imagine how things will look or feel then.

Maybe having family celebrations in-house is the way to go. Candy from strangers . . . doesn't seem wise, does it?

Occasional Contributor

Soooo many more important things to worry about now!

Honored Contributor

I think trick or treating has been on the decline for a long time.  I didn't get any at my last house, and will get none at my new house (private community)

Esteemed Contributor

Our neighborhood has many of the original homeowners going back fifty years.  Our kids are long gone and have families of their own.  I guess I can sadly say I have not seen a T/T in 30 years.  New people moved in so perhaps this will be our lucky year.  Halloween is my most favorite holiday and it brings back amazing memories. 

However, adding one more note.  I am so bored, and being only 5 feet tall, I am thinking of dressing up and going around myself, mask and all.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I didn't even think of this. If I had young kids I don't think I would let them go. 

Valued Contributor

I'll hand out rolls of t/p that my husband bought that hurts my bottom after I told him not to buy that brand...ever.  

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe I will carry around Charmin and pose as  Mrs.Whipple🤣🤣🤣

images.jpeg.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I shudd er to think about all the children we use to have when we lived in town. I bet there were over a hunred of them. A cute little constant stream. 

There will probably be lots of tricker treaters this Halloween though. I went to town earlier to pick up meds. You would think there was no pandemic and this area didn't have coronavirus. 

There is a little food stand I drove by, I couldn't count all the people standing in the huddle. No social distancing.