Honored Contributor

Think I may be having some kind of breakdown.....

I know this may sound strange and some of you will immedately say, head to the doctor, head to the therapist, but I have been feeling very strange the last few days and I don't really know if its mental, physical, a combo of both or what.???? {#emotions_dlg.unsure} Seriously. I'm wondering what does a breakdown feel like? Is that just a catch-all term that's used when a person has reached a point where they are mentally and physically exhausted? Because that's kind of what I feel like. Nothing really serious has happened to me lately- just the usual stuff. I mean I've been in really poor health for a long time and struggle with that and have to work every day, which is very hard, and with the holidays coming up, of course, that is additional stress, but I just don't know why I am feeling this way. I feel so terribly tired, worn out, and so emotionally fragile for some reason. Has anyone found themself feeling this way and not really knowing why? Did it pass quickly, remain with you, or did you find that you had to go and seek medical or psychological help? Thanks. I know this may seem odd to post this on a shopping site but I really don't know how I would go about expressing this to family, friends??? I appreciate your comments.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin