Contributor

Think I got a fake email from HSN abt my order. CS knows nothing abt it.What to do?

I ordered several AL products on Sun and 1 of them was on waitlist. They told me it won't be charged on my card till it ships,which is supposed to be sometime in Aug. I received an email from HSN telling me that they tried to charge my card for it and it didn't go thru and I needed to call and either cancel it or give them another card. So I called Fri and told them abt this email and ask if it's still on waitlist and if so why was I being charged. CS rep didn't know anything abt so transferred me. He said it still shows it's on waitlist and HSN didn't attempt to charge my card. I ask him why would I receive an email saying this if it didn't happen. He just told me he didn't know anything abt it and that it would be charged when it ships.

I told him I remember awhile ago getting an email from HSN saying that some of their customers accounts had been hacked into and that they used a third party for their emails. Did he think that this happened again? He said we got that taken care of. I ask him,what am I supposed to do abt this then,if I received a fake email with my info on it then shouldn't I be able to contact someone from HSN and have it checked out. He wasn't concerned abt it all. Told me there's noone to contact. I'm not satisfied with answer. What do you think I should do? What would you do? Has anyone of you ever received an email like this and it not be true? It just sounds fishy with the email having my acct number and what I ordered,etc.