Stay in Touch
Get sneak previews of special offers & upcoming events delivered to your inbox.
05-11-2018 06:05 PM
@Vivian Florimond wrote:
You have nothing to do? Go bang your head against the wall. I never did that, nor did my mother ever go through with her threat but those words definitely kept me out of the line of fire. On the other hand, my mother, who will be 96 tomorrow, always told me that everything works out for the best. I can’t say I agree with these words completely, but believing that is a positive thing.
@Vivian Florimond, God bless your mother and I hope she has a happy birthday!
05-11-2018 06:09 PM
1) "Because of you, my career was ruined".
2) "Why couldn't you look like my side of the family instead of your fathers? At least then I could be proud to be seen with you".
3) To people who inquired about my mother and her siblings " Yes, I have my family and I love them so much!" *Pause* "Oh, and then there's my husband and daughter" (said with disgust).
If it wasn't these 3 exact things, it was always a variation of them. Yes, she was a lovely woman.
@SahmIam, I'm sorry your mother was so unkind to you. Motherhood isn't for everyone, I know many people who turned out well dispite their upbringing.
05-11-2018 06:11 PM - edited 05-11-2018 06:19 PM
1. Don’t sit too close to the television, it’ll ruin your eyes
2. If you’re too sick to go to school, you’re too sick to play outside.
3. Always wear clean underwear in case you get in an accident
4. Don't run with scissors (or a llollipop in your mouth).....
5. I don’t care what “everyone” is doing. I care what YOU are doing!
6. Marry a man that's good to his mother and he will be good to you...
05-11-2018 06:14 PM
More quotes from an Italian grandmother...
"When I die, you are going to very sorry you didn't (do/this/listen to me/insert guilt here)
"Joe, Sam, Tom, whatever the $#@! I named you, come over here now!"
"Do you think you are the only children I ever had? You're just the survivors. Keep it up you're gone and I can make another one who looks just like you."
@Laura14, your second comment made me laugh! My mother had two girls and one boy, she never got our names right (I would sometimes get called by my brother's name)!
05-11-2018 06:35 PM
I'm the OP, and thought this would be a fun thread. I feel sad that so many of you didn't have the best relationship with your mother.
@Jordan2, the family can be a minefield...a toxic one at that. I marvel at those who DIDN'T experience that.
05-11-2018 06:47 PM
The most common things she said had to do with how incapable I supposedly was, or how I could never handle the things she's been through.
QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.
© 1995-2019 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved Trademark Notice