Honored Contributor

Re: Things You Grew Up With Your Kids......

I remember wishing so badly I could see the Rose Bowl Parade in color.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I remember getting something for Christmas years ago and not knowing what it was...that’s how behind I am.I told my friends I got something and the model number is MP3.I remember the doctor coming to the house,ang my mom boiling water on the wood stove for our baths in a metal tub.We didn’t have a phone,vacuum cleaner or a tv but we had a radio.

Esteemed Contributor

One other thing i thought of .....was Lemonade Stands.....

we all had them at times in our neighborhood......these days that would never fly with all the "stranger danger" going around....

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 @Some child tried that and got shutt down for not having a licensed...I believe that was on the news last summer.LOL

Esteemed Contributor

My kids Now in late 30s and 40) know all of the things i grew up with because I showed stuff I still had or showed pictures and all. Same with my grandkids. People laugh and say kids today wont know how to use rotary phones, typewriters, viny records, etc. Not true my grankids know all of that because I have a rotary phone yet (in addition to cordless phones) I have a type writer, we play vinyl records, 8 tracks, cds etc. because we have a complete stereo system. lol. Also they know kitchen items because I have some old dependable ones that were my moms. I dont think theres anything they dont know about. Well if I dont have it I showed them pictures of it. The thing that I got mad about is, my 2 younger grandkids didnt know cursive writing. (the oldest did) So I taught them how to write cursive when I used to babysit them lol. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

A man would go around with a pony and a hat, vest, and take pictures of us on the pony. Bother me now about the hat. And it work out well we had a neighbor with a fence in the front yard.I am the only kid from us 3 that had my picture taken on the pony.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

What is a taffy apple ? I heard that on" Mike & Mollie "

Respected Contributor

I kept my skate key in a small glass mustard jar on my dresser.

Respected Contributor

I remember wanting white boots, over the shoe boots they had a little button on the side with an alastic cord that was pulled around the button, I told my Mom they were just like the boots Opie Taylor on  the "Andy Griffin Show " funny how things play tricks on your mind I was watching  long after I was an Adult and realized he was barefoot running along with his Father to go fishing. He wasn't wearing boots as I thought. But I did get those boots.

Respected Contributor

My mother would hang clothes on the outside clothes lines and when it was too cold, they became like ice sticks. She would put them on the warm radiators in the house to thaw out.

I had lots of Little Golden Books which I kept in a box under my bed so no one would steal them :-)

Lisening to Baby Snooks on the radio.