Esteemed Contributor

Re: Things To Leave Behind in 2023

@Nancy Drew 

Never looked at leaving anything behind with the change of years or decades. I start where I am and continue my present day of life. 

Sure, there may be some changes, depending on circumstances, but I don't look at that as "leaving things behind". My life has been pretty well set for many years now. Most of it I am happy with, even through some pretty tough times.

To me 2023 will be just like my birthday, just adding to my chronology, nothing more.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sherpa

Ankle pants

Open front cardigans

ALL jogger bottom pants

Respected Contributor

I don't know if it is considered leaving behind, but I plan on not engaging with anyone who is perpetually offended by what others do, say, wear, think. 

Honored Contributor

@Chopsmom wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

10 Pounds

Count me in on this one too.  

I gained when I had toe surgery and couldn't exercise.   After resuming the exercise,  I still have the 10 pounds.   

Have to stop my "worry eating" which is something I've never done in the past.

@Chopsmom     I had dental implant surgery....on my FRONT teeth.  Had to eat "soft stuff" for 5 months...ya know...mashed potatoes, CAKE, mac & cheese...and before I knew it, I couldn't get my pants on!    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Chopsmom wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

10 Pounds

Count me in on this one too.  

I gained when I had toe surgery and couldn't exercise.   After resuming the exercise,  I still have the 10 pounds.   

Have to stop my "worry eating" which is something I've never done in the past.

@Chopsmom     I had dental implant surgery....on my FRONT teeth.  Had to eat "soft stuff" for 5 months...ya know...mashed potatoes, CAKE, mac & cheese...and before I knew it, I couldn't get my pants on!    di

LOL😂😀

Esteemed Contributor

So long, farewell dee ta dee.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp wrote:

Vexations of any sort.

@Marp ...Hi...good to see you, my special forum friend...I would just like to know your wise advice on how one can leave behind or avoid  "Vexations of any sort".

Are you referring to people who are the cause of "Vexations"...That would be really almost impossible, as there are some who are difficult to avoid entirely.

eta:...I want to add that your reply also brought to mind my favorite poem which I have sitting on my desk...Desiderata...It helps calm me during times when I find something or someone causing me Vexation...I should carry a version on me at all times and even sleep with it under my pillow.  lol

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

C ovid.

Frequent Contributor

PROCRASTINATION!!
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Nancy Drew 

Never looked at leaving anything behind with the change of years or decades. I start where I am and continue my present day of life. 

Sure, there may be some changes, depending on circumstances, but I don't look at that as "leaving things behind". My life has been pretty well set for many years now. Most of it I am happy with, even through some pretty tough times.

To me 2023 will be just like my birthday, just adding to my chronology, nothing more.

hckynut 🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn Yes.  Going forward and each day is a new opportunity.  I can't say it enough to myself!