Honored Contributor

Re: Things That are Banned Or Restricted in a North Korea

wrote:

Makes you wonder how many successfully escape the country. Yes I'm proud to be from the USA. 

I saw a show about  NK and I don't think too many escape to complete freedom, but those that do escape usually go into China. Things aren't great for them there either. Also, if you escape your entire family will be put in a concentration camp or killed. If you even complain to a neighbor that you don't have enough food you may be put in one.

Honored Contributor

And he wants to make a big show about how his athletes will blend in at the Olympics? I wonder how many of them secretly wish they could jump on the USA bus! I'm sure they're watched and guarded 24/7. So sad. 

Honored Contributor

I saw a movie The Interview about two talk show hosts who go to Korea because Kim Jong Un is a fan of their show. The CIA finds out they're going and tries to convince them to get rid of him while they're over there. It stars Dave Franco, Seth Rogen, and Randall Park. The acting is horrible, and the movie is so bad it's funny. But there are parts of it, where the Americans see what they think is a progressive city, that I'm sure are true. 

Esteemed Contributor

Shocking....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

How horribly sad,and he is a young man.  How grateful I am, My ā€˜problemsā€™ sure are small. 

Esteemed Contributor

N Koreans truly are in prison. I wonder what they dream about. Or is dreaming forbidden, too?

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

The ā€œallowedā€hair styles surprised me!  That is really something.  Those people are so brain washed.

More like terrified.

Yeah, both!  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I could not believe the recent NBC news report on the ski resort they covered in North Korea, giving a rosy view of the apparently "staged" village and its inhapitants.  Even the New York Times said they were purveying propaganda for the regime.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

I could not believe the recent NBC news report on the ski resort they covered in North Korea, giving a rosy view of the apparently "staged" village and its inhapitants.  Even the New York Times said they were purveying propaganda for the regime.

Eyeroll

Honored Contributor

Yes indeed, it is certainly sad and even 'eye-popping' when the rather transparent deceptions and cruelties of the Korean regime are not accurately reported.