Respected Contributor

Re: Things I Can't Bring Myself To Eat

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Cilantro...it smells like cat urine to me🤢 

When I had my DNA tested on one of those sites, they said not liking Cilantro was a genetic thing and that was in my DNA makeup.

I buy Cilantro because it's a special treat that my guinea pigs just love.    I keep it in a container that I use only for it because I don't want that smell in anything else.  I can't even stand how my hands smell after I wash the Cilantro and put it in their food dish.

To them, Cilantro must taste just like Chocolate does to us because within just seconds they have devoured it.   

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

I like trying new stuff - I can always spit it out

haha.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

1.  Animals

2.  Coconut (makes me gag 😳)

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

any and ALL organ meat, bugs, frog legs, rabbit-----and sloppy joe's, gag, cough, choke!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Menudo (tripe) and balut. Woman Tongue

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Egg whites, my entire life.  Recent addition:  bratwurst.  Big around here, I can't even look at them.  Never saw them growing up elsewhere.

Respected Contributor

*Snails

*Mayo, unless it is skimpily mixed in potato, macaroni or egg salad or deviled eggs

*Peanut butter and jelly

*Beef with red or pink juices running out - the sight makes me gag

*Milk - I did not eat cereal as a child; always hated milk

*Asparagus - Ate so much, I got sick of it

*Cottage Cheese

*Yogurt - Don’t like the smell

Esteemed Contributor

For starters, I don't eat escargots. I live in Seattle where snails and slugs eat our plants plus a few disgusting things, and then they poop on our houses as they crawl up leaving slime trails. No way would I eat anything that reminds me of them. Besides, I've been told without the dripping garlic butter, they would have no taste at all.

I also don't eat any sea creatures: shrimp, crab, oysters, lobster, scallops, etc. All disgusting to me. 

Also a no no for me: veal, lamb, liver, kidneys, brains, glands, etc. No sauerkraut, tuna fish sandwiches, sushi, tofu, wild birds or wild animals. No bugs either.

Esteemed Contributor

I love cottage cheese. I eat it with fruit or with tomatoes, or just plain. But what I really like is to use it as a substitute for sour cream on a baked potato.

Honored Contributor

Fun, fun thread!

I can eat anything except the texture of dried beans.  (I can take kidney beans in chili as long as they're only 1/5, after I dig them out.).  I will eat 4 or 5 black eyed peas on New Years Day but we also have fresh collards, kahlua candied yams, and a spice rubbed pork loin roast.

Hummus is out too.  Just can't!

Growing up on a large farm in the Great Smokey Mountains, I had venison, fried rabbit, fried squirrel, both with gravy; fresh beef, pork, chicken, and eggs.

As a youngester, I left the house when chitterlings were being cooked, and I don't know how they stayed.  I didn't like that.

I also won't eat snake (learned about that from catalogs in the 80's), or insects.