Any and all organs

Anchovies

Quinoa

Undercooked eggs

Flabby bacon 

I like snails though!

Honored Contributor

Re: Things I Can't Bring Myself To Eat

Anything that has or had blood.  Seeing blood in a packaging tray makes me want to GAG.  Seeing *juicy* blood when someone says 'look how tender and juicy this is!' makes me want to GAG.  

Seeing FAT or that jelly like clear stuff that runs through meat makes me want to GAG.  Or cutting into a piece of meat and you see veins or arteries makes me queasy. 

And fish looks pretty harmless when it's already had all it's guts removed and the fins and shiny irridescent skins scraped off, but can't touch that or any shellfish---knowing that all that stuff is cooked while still alive.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cilantro...it smells like cat urine to me🤢 

When I had my DNA tested on one of those sites, they said not liking Cilantro was a genetic thing and that was in my DNA makeup.

Super Contributor

Brussel sprouts and liver are definite no no's for me.

Trusted Contributor

@Jackhound Mom
This is such a great thread...so lighthearted!

@Grouchomarx
My hubby always says, I hate "half raw" bacon. I'll have to tell him the proper term is "flabby" bacon.😂

@SeaMaiden
You're right. Cilantro DOES smell like cat pee!🤭

Honored Contributor

Any kind of organ meat, I remember one Thanksgiving my MIL put the turkey liver in the stuffing, my BIL was the only one who ate it. Not a big fan of most fish and seafood. As I get older I prefer a mostly plant based diet, but do eat meat once or twice a week.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

The question is what will I eat? I'm really picky, if I don't like the way something looks or smells, I'm not trying it. I am not an adventurous eater.

You and I would get along great.    I'm really picky too.   I'm not one who needs to try different foods.   I'm happy just enjoying my favorites and I don't become bored by eating the same dishes on a regular basis.  

Fortunately for me, my husband is the same way.  I've seen these youtube videos where someone posts how they've made a different dish each day for 30 days.   You'd never see that in my home.    

My husband and I both have very simple tastes and extensive cooking and different menus just aren't necessary for us.   

Honored Contributor

Oysters in any way, shape or form!!

Honored Contributor

I like trying new stuff - I can always spit it out

I have tried many things and love

raw and fried oyster

clams on the halfshell (raw) and fried clam bellies

snails

pate

sushi 

I'll just stop - I already hear the puke coming

Esteemed Contributor

Any animal products.

Beets, one of the few veggies I have had a lifelong dislike of.  

Jackfruit; tried it only once, so I'm not sure if it was the jackfruit I didn't like or the way it was prepared.

Pureed soups; can't stand the texture.