Honored Contributor

Re: Things I Can't Bring Myself To Eat

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Raw sushi...I do eat all the cooked ones, though.

Sushi is not a food, but is a style of dish which includes some raw garnishes of fish. @Shanus 

@SilleeMee   Can I just change it to raw fish?

Respected Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

Jackhound Mom, snails???  You tried them?

YUCK!

Oh ugh, I couldn't even think to put THAT down the hatch. Ew....

My dad used to order chicken /beef LIVER when we were small and even the look or smell was repulsive to me.

I will NOT touch scrapple (A PHILLY FAVE) - It's ground up parts - the remains of the slaughterhouse stuff, it's ground and then formed into a brick - wrapped. 

It's sold to be sliced into sandwich size portions, cooked and eaten by THE BRAVE if you ask me!

My husband had several bricks in his freezer when I moved in - they were the FIRST TO GET TOSSED! 

Spam - equally gross to me...he had that too...HAD, it was the second thing I tossed!!!

Your mention of Scrapple really brought back memories for me.   I grew up in PA and I remember my Mom buying it and then cutting it into slices and frying it in a cast-iron skillet. I actually liked it as a child, probably because I didn't know what it was made from.    As disgusting as it sounds, it was actually pretty tasty.   I wouldn't eat it now for any amount of money.

I never could tolerate Spam.   I see it all the time at Costco and I wonder who still buys it.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I can't even stand the thought of Tako (Japanese 'food')...look it up and see for yourself.

I'm going to look that and offal up, thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom
I do eat fish, seafood. I still have some dairy. Not sure I’ll be able to give up dairy. I’m limited on my bean consumption due to intestinal issues and generally don’t consume soy. It’s a humanitarian issue for me regarding meat. Not vegan.
Respected Contributor

@RedTop 

@RedTop wrote:

sardines, anything seafood, snails, chitlins, tripe, souse, pigs feet, tongue and gizzards.   

Great answers!!!  pigs feet, I'm going down for the count  Smiley Tongue

Respected Contributor

DeepWaterDotter - YOU ARE MY KINDA SOMEONE!!!!!!  Thanks for the giggle.

Esteemed Contributor

Organ meat of any kind.  Mom made liver and onions when I was a kid, but now, nope.

Raw or nearly raw meat or seafood .  I had a friend and he liked his steaks Pittsburgh style. Charred outside, mooing inside. Don't want to see blood I'm not part vampire.

Really strong cheeses, can't get them past my nose.

Alfredo anything, that is just a no.

Respected Contributor

Most vegetables but especially the cruciferous ones.  Fish and seafood.  Gag.

Honored Contributor

Head cheese, sweetbread. 

Respected Contributor

We have an errand to run and I can't wait to come back and see other posts!  Thank you for the teriffic answers.  Have fun and eat something good today Cat Very Happy

Cathy