Honored Contributor

I just don't understand the whole concept of a thickening shampoo when all you do is wash it out! Hmmm

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I have thinning hair and it seems that a shampoo really needs to get the hair clean so there is no weighing it down.  Also no conditioner.  I just started using  Matrix biolage full density and I like it so far.  The had it on sale at Ulta last week. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thickening Shampoo.....

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

I have thickening shampoos and volume shampoos but the best product I use is Aquage thickening spray gel.  I wear my hair short too and this spray gel really works plus it's not sticky and rinses out (no build up).  You can buy at salons that carry Aquage products or find it on EBay.  It should run around $18 a bottle which will last a long, long time.  Cat Very Happy

Based on your recommendation I got this on Amazon. Just used it for the second time (after shampooing and conditioning) and I have to say this REALLY does make thinning hair look thicker. Trust me I've tried a lot of stuff and been less than pleased but this really does the job.Glad I read your post and took a chance with it. I need to use WAY WAY LESS of my shake on hair fiber stuff, have only had to use a little where i have a bit of a part instead of lifting up my hair all over the top of my head and having to shake it on.