Honored Contributor

I have fine hair, but a lot of it.  I have tried expensive shampoo, and can't see a bit of difference, and I shampoo daily.  I never use conditioner , it weighs my hair down, and as silky as it is, I don't need it

Wen reminds me of crisco.  I buy Pantene and I am satisfied

Honored Contributor

Re: Thickening Shampoo.....

[ Edited ]

I found one this weekend thru my hair stylist.

I found it absolutely fabulous!!!!!!!!

They sell at the salon she works at it is 

TEATREE

LEMON SAGE THICKENING

BY PAUL MITCHELL.

don't need much of shampoo or condtioner. wonderful lather and no flattening of hair with the conditioner.

I loved this shampoo-conditionier

the other shampoo that I found at my hair stylist salon that is excellent is 

MATRIX

BIOLAGE ADVANCE FULL DENSITY THICKENING HAIR SYSTEM

shampoo and conditioner.

Absolutely fabulously wonderful.

I have very little hair left on the top of my head. I have tried so many shampoo's conditioners that have NOT worked. 

these 2 shampoo's and conditioners have worked wonders for me. I can actually combed my hair and not feel self conscience about people looking at the empty scalp on the top of my head.

Respected Contributor

I been wanting to try the full density one  but could not get past the scent. I tried AG Thikk  with the hair regroth complex in it and I like it. At first I did not feel any thickness  but once it dried I did. Its supposed to help hair regeneration over time.  My hair   appears normal but it has thinned out a little over the past decade.

Regular Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

I read on something today I thought to share.  AG  Thikk  shampoo and conditioner is on sale till next weekend  for $14.99 normally over $50 I think. I read up on it and it not only thickens your haior but has ingredients that promote a healthy scalp environment and stimulates more hair growth. Not just the existing hairs but new hair growth.  I just ran out  and got it on the liter sale. My hair has thinned out somewhat over the past decade. 

Thanks @kcladyz!

Regular Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

I found one this weekend thru my hair stylist.

I found it absolutely fabulous!!!!!!!!

They sell at the salon she works at it is 

TEATREE

LEMON SAGE THICKENING

BY PAUL MITCHELL.

don't need much of shampoo or condtioner. wonderful lather and no flattening of hair with the conditioner.

I loved this shampoo-conditionier

the other shampoo that I found at my hair stylist salon that is excellent is 

MATRIX

BIOLAGE ADVANCE FULL DENSITY THICKENING HAIR SYSTEM

shampoo and conditioner.

Absolutely fabulously wonderful.

I have very little hair left on the top of my head. I have tried so many shampoo's conditioners that have NOT worked. 

these 2 shampoo's and conditioners have worked wonders for me. I can actually combed my hair and not feel self conscience about people looking at the empty scalp on the top of my head.

Thanks @viva923!

Super Contributor

OGX Biotin &Collogen full and thick shampoo. Get it anywhere it's in a purple bottle

Trusted Contributor

Ditto on the Organix Thick and Full Biotin and Collagen Shampoo and separate Conditioner. Excellent price and I have actually gotten compliments since I have started using it.  My hair has layers and not quite shoulder length. You can find it at any drug store, most grocery stores and the big box stores. 

Respected Contributor

@luvmydoggies wrote:

@kcladyz wrote:

I read on something today I thought to share.  AG  Thikk  shampoo and conditioner is on sale till next weekend  for $14.99 normally over $50 I think. I read up on it and it not only thickens your haior but has ingredients that promote a healthy scalp environment and stimulates more hair growth. Not just the existing hairs but new hair growth.  I just ran out  and got it on the liter sale. My hair has thinned out somewhat over the past decade. 

Thanks @kcladyz!

I tried it and my scalp feeled really clean yet my hair was moisterized.  I did not feel thickness till my hair was completely dry. My scalp had a strange itch that only lasted a few seconds and it went away. Overall I liked it. Easy to rince out.  smells good  and no lingering scent

Honored Contributor

@nana59   I've found that s&c don't do that much to thicken your hair, it's the styling products. Look for "root lifting" or "volumizing" mousse. Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

'Used to be' in middle and high school, we used beer as a rinse.  I really don't recall if it greatly thickened our hair, but that's why we used it.  Actually, I found a few bottles and cans of beer in my basement from years ago.  I think I'll try rinsing with it tomorrow.  ............ Also, there are other uses for beer which I have somewhere in my notes.  Maybe I'll Web search instead of looking through my many notes.  Was it something about using beer as a foot bath?  Don't quote me, though. lol.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).