Respected Contributor

I have the same problem and always looking for something.  I plan to try Redken grit powder.  It seems to get good reviews.  I would like a review if anyone has tried it.   It is not a shampoo but hoping something will help.  I just tried a new shampoo for thinning hair with tea tree and my hair never feels clean.

Respected Contributor

I alternate between Nick Chavez thickening shampoo, Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage volumizing shampoo and Biolage Volumizing shampoo. I also use the Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage Thickening spray and Nick Chavez soft flocker (these last 2 I use daily).

Respected Contributor

I tried Body LUXE  by Joico. At first I thought it did not work  but once my hair dried  I had some fullness but my bangs were  full and fluffy  which I like for my bangs are usually fat and ugly.  It smelled great too

Honored Contributor

@nana59,  I will tell you what REALLY WORKS.  Forget the shampoo rather use Aquage Thickening Spray gel After you wash and towel dry hair then spray gel on (it's a very fine mist, not thick) and then blow dry.  I use this all the time.  I wear my hair short in layers.  It actually makes your hair feel thick.  It does not build up in your hair.  There are certain beauty salons that carry this brand or you can find it on EBay or Amazon.  It should run around $18.  Worth every penny because you get results.  Cat Very Happy  From time to time I do use Madre Labs B-complex & Biotin Thickening Shampoo Citrus Squeeze which I purchased from iherb.com. Cat Very Happy  Good luck. 

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

my all time favorite is LIVING PROOF products. they have helped me quite a bit and i am never without it.. i am also starting to rediscover nick chavez products. i may order his plump n thick again because i am using some of his angel products and they really help give me the appearance of fuller hair AND give me some added texture.

i also take biotin daily.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

The best I have tried is 

Alterna Bamboo Volume Abundant Volume Shampoo. Another great product is Orlando Play Body Breakthrough Volume Boosting Hair Spray on wet or dry hair. I like it on dry hair. I use it after I blow my hair almost dry...then put in my hot rollers and spray while my rollers cool. My hair never looked thicker.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

Is there a thickening shampoo that actually makes your hair appear thicker?  I'm 66 years old, and wear my hair short.  Have noticed over the past year it's really thinning out at the temples.  I take meds for blood pressure and high cholesterol...just asking if I could be using a shampoo that would make my hair appear a little thicker.....not looking for miracles...thank you...

I use Nick Chavez pump and thick products_and Kenique from HSN.

Respected Contributor

In the past I had good luck with Aveda's Thickening Spray and their Volumizing Spray. 

Respected Contributor

I have shoulder length hair that is very, very fine. I'm also a swimmer, so I shampoo almost daily. The best products I've found for volume and thickening are the Bumble and Bumble thickening line. I use the conditioner very lightly, and not every shampoo. I use either the styling foam or the hair spray in a pump bottle as a styling aid, blow dry using a big round brush, and go. I get loads of volume and my hair feels much thicker. The style will even last a second day if I'm not swimming. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

I read on something today I thought to share.  AG  Thikk  shampoo and conditioner is on sale till next weekend  for $14.99 normally over $50 I think. I read up on it and it not only thickens your haior but has ingredients that promote a healthy scalp environment and stimulates more hair growth. Not just the existing hairs but new hair growth.  I just ran out  and got it on the liter sale. My hair has thinned out somewhat over the past decade.