Regular Contributor

Not a shampoo or conditioner, but I swear by Living Proof Thickening Cream. It really helps my thin, fine hair. It's pricey, but you only need a little bit so it lasts a long time. I run a small amount - smaller than a dime size - through my hair prior to blow drying. It's the only product where I can say I've seen and felt a positive difference; my hair looks and feels fuller, but isn't weighed down.

Honored Contributor

I use ReGenesis Thickening shampoo by Revitalash. Have been for the last 3 months and have really noticed a big difference in how thick my hair feels. I went thru chemo, lost my hair and when it grew back it was very thin and fine and pretty sparse all around my hairline in front. I use the shampoo and the hair mask . I found it at Nordstroms and was about $35 per bottle, however I am ordering from Amazon now as they have it for $22 a bottle. The hair mask is a huge amount for $42 and you use that a couple times a week. Hope I spelled the names right. :-)

Honored Contributor

Re: Thickening Shampoo.....

[ Edited ]

Nananana59, This spray gel is not a thick gel rather a light spray but actually makes the hair thicker. You need to work with it to find out how much you need or want (how many sprays) and you are going to be amazed. When I use it feels like I have thick hair that is not sticky, their is movement -- truly a great product IMO. You spray it on towel dried hair before you blow dry.  Cat Very Happy

p.s.  Your hair will not be stiff.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Hello, Nananana59. Smiley Happy

I can recommend some thickening and volumizing products from Nick Chavez. I'll post the links for them below.

Nick Chavez Plump 'N Thick Thickening Shampoo Duo Item # A00468

Nick Chavez Plump 'N Thick Thickening Creme Conditioner Duo Item # A00475

Nick Chavez Plump 'N Thick Leave-In Thickening Mist Duo Item # A00474

Nick Chavez Advanced Plump 'N Thick Shampoo Item # A329847

Nick Chavez Advanced Plump 'N Thick Conditioner Item # A329849

Nick Chavez Advanced Volume Cleanse, Treat & Style 5-Piece Kit Item # A286569

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advanced Volume - Gives lift and volume at the root of the hair.

Plump 'N Thick - Gives all over thickness to the hair.

Advanced Plump 'N Thick - Gives all over thickness to the hair AND is sulfate-free and Paraben-free.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Advanced Volume 5-Piece Kit comes with:

1 bottle of Advanced Volume Shampoo, 8 fl oz.

1 bottle of Advanced Volume Conditioner, 8 fl oz.

1 bottle of Advanced Volume Style Glaze Booster, 8 fl oz.

1 bottle of Advanced Volume Styling Mist, 8 fl oz.

1 bottle of Advanced Volume Hairspray, 8 fl oz.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Frequent Contributor

@nana59 , a few suggestions to check out.  I have a fair amount of hair, but it's fine and has a tendency to "pack down."

Andalou Naturals Argan Stem Cells Shampoo/Conditioner for Thinning Hair (good ingredients and reasonably priced)

Taya Amazon White Clay Thickening line (I've been using the styling products)

BTZ Rock On Volumizing Powder (From Sally's. I sprinkle a bit in the palm of my hand and rub my hands together, then apply in upward strokes to the roots. But don't use too much!)

Dry shampoo on the roots.  My favorite is Batiste. It comes in different fragrances (I use the pink can) and there are blonde and brunette versions, also, to camouflage roots.  It adds volume.

Haven't purchased Chavez for a while, but agree that he has some good products. 

And I'm "one of those" who faithfully used a certain widely-advertised "hair cleanser" until I began shedding profusely - which stopped very soon after I discontinued using the product.  So, I cannot recommend using that, particularly if you have a thinning issue.

Best of luck and health!

Respected Contributor

I don't have thinning hair but I have extra fine hair and very fly away....it's like baby hair the strands are so fine...but I have a lot of it.   I never use conditioner because it weighs it down.  I have to wash my hair daily for it to maintain any volume.  I recently started using Mane and Tail shampoo and absolutely love the way it makes my hair feel.   I've tried other products over the years that claimed to thicken or add volume but they were very drying.  Mane and Tail is super cheap - recently got 2 32 oz bottles for 7.99 at CVS when they had a 2 for one price on it..   This shampoo was created for horses....if a horse can have a beautiful tail/mane...then so can I    :-)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kenra platinum thichening shampoo works but it is expensive. It is sulfate free.  That brands regular volume shampoo adds thicknes as well. it has sulfates but the gentler kind. Smells like merlot!

If you want inexpensive then  Pantene full  and strong really adds a good deal of fullness to the hair. Garnier has  a   thickening shampoo and leave in spray but I find the scent too strong but the spray on its own helps.

I try to stick  with salon brands but pantene full and strong and age defy give me the best results in fullness and thickness. 

Suave has a thickening mousse that works but it hard to find. may be discontinued. in silver and puple bottle.  Suave volume shampoo in the silver bottle adds fullness also  but pantene works really great. I never use it tho for I can not find it in a pump bottle

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

As far as shampoos, no. I've tried at least half a dozen, probably more, from drugstore to salon to high end, and none of them have made my hair appear or feel thicker. Styling products may, but they also give me dandruff, so I rarely use them.

@Moonchilde

Selsun Blue dandruff shampoo now comes in a "Full and Thick" version!

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

As far as shampoos, no. I've tried at least half a dozen, probably more, from drugstore to salon to high end, and none of them have made my hair appear or feel thicker. Styling products may, but they also give me dandruff, so I rarely use them.

@Moonchilde

Selsun Blue dandruff shampoo now comes in a "Full and Thick" version!

Thanks - but I don't actually have dandruff. Most styling products create a flaking on my scalp that I don't have ordinarily.  So IMO it would be weird to use a product that I know will cause my scalp to flake and then buy another product just to get rid of the flakes ;-(

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NewerNickname wrote:

Not a shampoo or conditioner, but I swear by Living Proof Thickening Cream. It really helps my thin, fine hair. It's pricey, but you only need a little bit so it lasts a long time. I run a small amount - smaller than a dime size - through my hair prior to blow drying. It's the only product where I can say I've seen and felt a positive difference; my hair looks and feels fuller, but isn't weighed down.

My choice too.