Honored Contributor

Re: They will not persue a lawsuit

@sidsmom wrote:

@Juniebugz wrote:

We know that we can never have Lane back, and therefore, we intend to keep his spirit alive through the Lane Thomas Foundation," they said.

I'm sure Disney made a very...significant...donation to

the Lane Thomas Foundation. 

That was my immediate thought as well.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I am SURE Disney has settled without a lawsuit.  They would not like the unfavorable publicity and I would hope that the family got a significant settlement from them.  It was Disney's fault.

Honored Contributor

I think they are doing this for their own good. It will help them move on. From the different shows I've seen on t.v., even when things like the family are pleased with a court outcome, it doesn't bring back the person who has passed. This way too, no one is finger pointing. I wish them the very best.

Esteemed Contributor

My heart breaks for this family. They will never really recover from the loss of their young son.

Trusted Contributor

I was so happy to read that these parents are not suing.  Finally someone understands that horrible accidents happen and that no amount of money in the world will take their pain away.  Good for them in this regard.  My heart breaks for them and their loss, but I applaud their decision.

Honored Contributor

They settled.

Esteemed Contributor

I am sure Disney gave them some compensation and they just want to grieve privately...

Esteemed Contributor

I am sure Disney gave them a substantial compensation and they accepted it rather than go through a suit.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Juniebugz wrote:

We know that we can never have Lane back, and therefore, we intend to keep his spirit alive through the Lane Thomas Foundation," they said.

I'm sure Disney made a very...significant...donation to

the Lane Thomas Foundation. 

That was my immediate thought as well.

------------------------

Me too...and I hope that it was a very big gift!!

Honored Contributor

Let's wish them all the best. Better to move on, in the long run, instead of the stress and time frame of a lawsuit battle.  I'm glad that more warning signs are being displayed.   Seriously, had I been there at the time, I wouldn't have thought about alligators being near the sand/lake-front area. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).