Honored Contributor

They will not persue a lawsuit

The graves family will not sue Disney,they released a statement today.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: They will not persue a lawsuit

Good.

It was just a freak accident.

I don't blame the parents for it, nor do I blame Disney for it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I wonder if they received a "settlement"?

Valued Contributor

Parents of 2-Year-Old Gator Attack Victim Explain Why They're Not Suing Disney World

"The parents of the 2-year-old boy who was killed by an alligator at Disney World in Orlando last month say they do not intend to sue.

"Melissa and I are broken," Matt Graves and his wife Melissa said in a statement released Wednesday. "We will solely be focused on the future health of our family and will not be pursuing a lawsuit against Disney.

"We will forever struggle to comprehend why this happened to our sweet baby, Lane," they said. "As each day passes, the pain gets worse, but we truly appreciate the outpouring of sympathy and warm sentiments we have received from around the world.

We know that we can never have Lane back, and therefore, we intend to keep his spirit alive through the Lane Thomas Foundation," they said.

"It is our hope that through the foundation we will be able to share with others the unimaginable love Lane etched in our hearts," they continued. "For now, we continue to ask for privacy as we focus on our family."

http://www.people.com/article/lane-graves-gator-attack-victim-parents-not-suing-disney

Esteemed Contributor

I certainly don't blame the parents, unspeakable tragedy. But I do blame the Disney Company.  Their warnings were not enough "no swimming"...they weren't swimming.  And the Disney Co. obviously knew their employees were feeding the alligators since they warned those employees to stop.  But a law suit wouldn't bring back their beautiful boy and just drag on forever. I only hope Disney follows through with serious warnings for families.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I must say ,if they did not receive a settlement, i am quite surprised ,they are not suing.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

In my mind I believe Disney will compensate the Graves family in some way.  I surely hope that they will make the offer anyway, regardless of whose fault, if anyones, it was. 

Respected Contributor

Their pain is so profound.  

I do blame Disney.  But what's done is done now.  I'm sure a lawsuit would be a nightmare for them to go through 

Honored Contributor

@Juniebugz wrote:

We know that we can never have Lane back, and therefore, we intend to keep his spirit alive through the Lane Thomas Foundation," they said.

I'm sure Disney made a very...significant...donation to

the Lane Thomas Foundation. 

Honored Contributor

A lawsuit can take over your lives for several years.  I don't blame the family for not wanting that stress while grieving for their son.