Esteemed Contributor

Re: They've released COVID19 cases by zip codes

@Zaimee wrote:

@ECBG  

Florida

My state. did not close beaches for Springbreak.

I live in  Broward County

Fort Lauderdale is in Broward County.

I drove to Miami, 35 miles each way, to teach for many years.

Definetly, not rural.

@Zaimee ...Bless you, 35 miles one way to teach children, you had to have been very dedicated. Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

For my state, they're just showing cases via zip codes.  They aren't showing deaths.  

Esteemed Contributor

I google my state for latest information.  Connecticut is a tiny state, but 13,381 cases, 602 deaths so far.  We are anticipating more outbreaks in the northern part of our state, where we live.  We have two major hospitals in Hartford, one of the two major children’s hospitals in our state, and our state university hospital right outside Hartford.  A convention center is now being changed over to accommodate extra hospital beds.

With predicted larger outbreaks where we live, we will continue to be extremely careful.  And no, I don’t think our state will be quickly open for usual business.  Nothing would make us happier, but reopening will happen in a very careful way.