Trusted Contributor

Re: They spend too much time on colors!

I agree that a lot of time is wasted repeatedly going over colors on everything.  My family, friends and I do like to color coordinate our homes, even kitchenware.  With the L&L so many repeats are a waste of my time.  I was a Tupperware person in my first home.  As it stained, etc I started using the Cool Whip and sandwich meat containers.  Not a pretty sight.  Then came L&L.  I can take them any where and I know they will not leak.  They work great in lunch boxes and ice chests and they look attractive when you get to the casual outdoor party.  Because they stack they take up less space.  I stack the lids and then put the stacked bowls on top.  The square corners allow full use of cupboard space.  No more fishing to find the right top.  The canisters keep my flour,etc better than my family stainless ones did.  I lg canister on wheels holds a 3lb bag of cat food and it keeps it fresh to the bottom.  Just please stop repeatedly going over colors.  It would be helpful, especially on clothing, if you would tell us the accurate name for the colors.  The hosts try to explain what they see but those explanations also waste time and are not heard by everyone.  Also how many shades of blue, green, red, etc do we need on 1 pair of pants.  Reviewing 14 colors and saying go on line for rest of the colors ????

Esteemed Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

There are two major reasons they go over colors so often.

The first is that every single time they go over colors, the number of callers on the line spikes.  It generates sales.  QVC exists to sell things and make money.

The second, and perhaps more importantl, is that other people do not watch QVC on your schedule.  QVC does not base its programming on your viewing habits.  QVC broadcasts to millions of homes across multiple time zones.  People are constantly tuning in to see what is being sold.  As a result, it is necessary for the host to go over colors, options, etc., over and over again to inform the viewers who just tuned in.

As has been said over and over again, the simplest way to deal with your unhappiness at what is being shown is to change the channel.  It is very simple.  Ultimately, QVC pays attention to sales rather than the complaints of a handful of peole on a message ooard.

That's is also why they show the TSV so often durring the 24-hour day.

People tune in a different times.

Why that is so hard for people to understand, I'll never know.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It amuses me that people get so wound up and excited over this Lock n Lock stuff.  They're food storage containers for pete's sake.  They work the same as a recycled Cool Whip container.  Who cares what color they are?

Also they take up a ton of storage space.  Who has room for it all even if they do nest?  I don't want to open 10 containers just to get to the one that's the perfect size.

That says it all.

Esteemed Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

There are two major reasons they go over colors so often.

The first is that every single time they go over colors, the number of callers on the line spikes.  It generates sales.  QVC exists to sell things and make money.

The second, and perhaps more importantl, is that other people do not watch QVC on your schedule.  QVC does not base its programming on your viewing habits.  QVC broadcasts to millions of homes across multiple time zones.  People are constantly tuning in to see what is being sold.  As a result, it is necessary for the host to go over colors, options, etc., over and over again to inform the viewers who just tuned in.

As has been said over and over again, the simplest way to deal with your unhappiness at what is being shown is to change the channel.  It is very simple.  Ultimately, QVC pays attention to sales rather than the complaints of a handful of peole on a message ooard.

@KYToby ..... I agree & by the way very well said!!!

Respected Contributor

I was just thinking the same thing.  They go soooooo slow pointing out each color and helping us match them to the season or favorite team (?) or your kitchen appliances.  And repeat it way too much.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

This TS of the plastic bowls.   They spend a half hour going over the colors...really does anyone care what are the colors?? It is not just these plastic bowls... it it EVERYTHING. From irons, to computlers to vacuums.... Just offer one color and I am sure everyone would be just fine. Then you can talk more about the atributes of the product and not the colors..

Later today David is going to go bonkers with all the colors of these plastic bowls.  He will spend more time on the colors than filling his mouth with food( probably a good thing).  

They are plastic bowls.... that is what they are... how many can a person have?? I bet there are horder homes FILLED TO THE RAFTERS WITH THESE PLASTIC BOWLS.

Some people are excited by lots of things!  If you bake, you'd be excited; take things to gatherings; send people home with leftovers; need to sort out hobby supplies; want to organize a cabinet; etc.  

Colors?  Who wouldn't want pretty colors?

I don't know but the bowls sound like a happy thing to me, fun to think about using, and nice to have something pretty in the fridge or on the shelf!

I don't see anything at all bad about this. . . 

Honored Contributor

Sixty years ago when I was going to Tupperware parties, the colors were extremely important.  The right color availability made me a buyer and notthing turned me off faster than seeing only colors I didn't like.

For clothes, I've actally missed out buying some things I might have because I hadn't seen all the colors and by the time they got around to what I liked, my size was gone already.  Handbags, too.  That's why when I'm seriously shopping here, I want my computer and TV in the same room and working together.

I'm not bothered much by the repetition because I rarely, rarely sit in front of the TV adn watch total presentations unless I'm already sort of in to buy.

Respected Contributor

Spending so much time on "colors" on certain products is OK with me.

However, I could really care less about colors in other items like irons, mops, vacuums, computers, etc.  Really what I want to see is detailed data on product operation and features.  Before I make my decision on such products I want to see as much as I can about how it works. 

Back in the day, QVC used to give great product demonstration.  Now that has pretty much gone by the wayside.  It does seem like many vendors would like to engage more in this area, but they get stiffled.

Obviously their sale tactics work, so who am I to tell them what I would appreciate in a presentation.  

Respected Contributor

I can tell you that Lock n Lock work VERY differently than a Cool Whip tub. They are a very good product that owns up to the promises. You have to be care when microwaving with oily items as I've had some bottoms get that rough bubbled patches. 

But this is a very satisfying purchase. I highly tecommend this line of productts. Love Chris Pryme too.I have enough and won't need more.

With that said, II don't mind them going through color selections on air. My peeve is when a host says "I have" as if they own QVC. But I am wierd like that.

Honored Contributor

I don't get why there are so many colors plastic bowls but whatever,( just use takeout containers)  however when the color selection is repeated at the expense of other information about the product, then I get a bit annoyed.

Sometimes the presentation is interrupted so the color rainbow can be gone over again, why not just wait.