Honored Contributor

Re: They say things come in threes....

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Last Tuesday's  eye doctor appointment told me I have cataracts in both eyes🙁.....  today in the mail .......Jury duty letter😩....... wonder what next?🤔

Reminder: Not everyone gets chosen.  

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@SeaMaiden

I got a jury duty letter today also - how I have to worry about the other two things!

@DiAnne   oh my! 

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Maybe instead, @SeaMaiden, you will flip it around, and instead, your palm will itch and a lot of money is coming your way!

@febe1  Now that is one way of looking at it! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Last Tuesday's  eye doctor appointment told me I have cataracts in both eyes🙁.....  today in the mail .......Jury duty letter😩....... wonder what next?🤔

Reminder: Not everyone gets chosen.

@qualitygal  googling right now.... how not to get chosen.......... tap tap tap....

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden, if you have a legitimate reason (if chosen) you go before the judge, and the 2 attorneys.  They will either dismiss you or not. I was taking care of my dad at the time.  Was excused.  But we had to the night before, call or check on line to see if we were needed.  Sometimes that's as far as it went. All is not lost.

Esteemed Contributor

The only time I was ever called, I was selected. About 3/4 through questioning, I realized I was going to be selected if I didn't say something negative. It really surprised I was chosen.

It was a seven day trial, and it was awful. A hospital, two nurses and a doctor were being sued, and it was all medical expert testimony. Although a learning experience, it was not an enjoyable one.

Trusted Contributor

Jury duty - the store had the defendant on video tape shoplifting.  It took one entire day to convince half of the folks on the jury that he was actually guilty!  Incredible.  Then at sentencing, we were told this was his eighth offense which was why it was bumped up from a misdemeanor (not only shoplifting).  What should have been easy turned into two grueling days.  Arg.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Oh,they said in the letter will be  paid $10 for the day😄😂🤣👎

@SeaMaiden

And you just solved the 3rd one---because the $10 isn't enough to cover your gas, the charge for parking (if the court house is located like ours is where I live), and the cost of your lunch.....Smiley LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I have been called to jury duty many times in the last fifteen years.  Only picked once though and it was a two day deal about shoplifting at a Sears.  The other times I went at the scheduled time and place, only to be sent home.  A couple of times, I received a phone call telling me the lawsuit was called off.  However, once your are of a certain age, you are no longer obligated to attend.

PS -

There have been days when I know "things" come in ten's!!! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@jackiejenny wrote:

@croemer wrote:

Yikes sorry SeaMaiden!

Lets see we just had to replace our roof, air-conditioner for our home and the hot water heater exploded in our attack causing some damage...hubby hit a buck with his car in broad daylight causing almost 7,000 worth of damage...think we have had enough!

I just waved my good luck magic wand your direction @croemer~~~You are correct and have had more than your fair share, so it ends right now! 

Let me know if you have any more problems....magic wand may need a tune up or something!  

Seriously sending good wishes your way~~~

hahaha...thanks...and it was the attic...not attack...not sure why I spelled that wrong. Smiley Sad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**