Honored Contributor

Re: They say things come in threes....

@nana59 wrote:

If you don't want to serve on a jury, you can use your cataract surgery as an excuse!  I've served on a jury twice--hated it....

@nana59

I lost track of how many times I was called, I was usually excused because of my work, but I had to serve and sit a handful of times.  I hated it, too.

Honored Contributor

Oh,they said in the letter will be  paid $10 for the day😄😂🤣👎

Esteemed Contributor

@MacDUFF

@MacDUFF wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

Last week I broke their things at three different times, all glass throughout the day. A cup, a glass and a temptation pig.

Hi @qvcaddition

I have to ask...what the heck is a "temptation pig!!???"

@SeaMaiden

I hope your eyes get better soon.   Maybe the eye doc can write you an excuse for jury duty!

A piggy bank from the temtation line of houseware.  Had it quite awhile.  I used it as a piggy bank, and can't remember what it was really for, though no slit holes on top to put coin, but the rear end opened and I would put my lose change there.  Do you know how hard it is to pick up coin from a hardwood floor.  Even the broom and dust pan didn't help.  ha ha  About 20 in coin.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

If you don't want to serve on a jury, you can use your cataract surgery as an excuse!  I've served on a jury twice--hated it....

@nana59I was thinking about setting my surgery up on that day 🙂👍

Cataract surgery was a breeze except I saw all my wrinkles after.  Couldn't see much before and thought I was aging quite well.

After the age of 70 at least in CA., you do not have to serve on jury duty.  That is when you have time and no income to lose, because most are not working anymore.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden

I got a jury duty letter today also - how I have to worry about the other two things!

Honored Contributor

Yikes sorry SeaMaiden!

Lets see we just had to replace our roof, air-conditioner for our home and the hot water heater exploded in our attack causing some damage...hubby hit a buck with his car in broad daylight causing almost 7,000 worth of damage...think we have had enough!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@croemer wrote:

Yikes sorry SeaMaiden!

Lets see we just had to replace our roof, air-conditioner for our home and the hot water heater exploded in our attack causing some damage...hubby hit a buck with his car in broad daylight causing almost 7,000 worth of damage...think we have had enough!

I just waved my good luck magic wand your direction @croemer~~~You are correct and have had more than your fair share, so it ends right now! 

Let me know if you have any more problems....magic wand may need a tune up or something!  

Seriously sending good wishes your way~~~

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe instead, @SeaMaiden, you will flip it around, and instead, your palm will itch and a lot of money is coming your way!

Honored Contributor

I heard the same as Noel7.  It's only about death, so your list may be done.  That's plenty! 

Honored Contributor

@Pqfan wrote:

@SeaMaidenI hope your eyes are better.

I get so nervous about Jury Duty.

The People's Court is as far as I can go. Smiley Very Happy

I'd only worry if I were the defendant.