Honored Contributor

Re: They're Up, Up, and Away in Albuquerque Today

Coolllllllllllllll  it's today, huh?  Just love those colors and blue sky.  How lucky you are to be out there for that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 

There is a live stream on YouTube.  So fun to watch.  They are about 2 hours in, but lots going on and UP!

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Coolllllllllllllll  it's today, huh?  Just love those colors and blue sky.  How lucky you are to be out there for that.

@qualitygal 

It's October 1 through 9.  This morning there was a yellow flag because it was windy and looked like there would be rain, but the weather behaved itself and -- green flag! -- several balloons went up and stayed up for a good long time. 

Even saw a few of our brand new Special Shapes today.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Wow!  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

@luvzchiz wrote:

Wow!  

@luvzchiz 

I forgot to post another new one I saw today.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just beebee    Did you see the fox?  I though it was cute....and the white Schnauzer-like dog?  Wish I had a picture of them.

Found a picture of the fox but the dog eludes me.

Screenshot_20221002-121255_kindlephoto-51785343.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@just bee    Did you see the fox?  I though it was cute....and the white Schnauzer-like dog?  Wish I had a picture of them.

@Kachina624 

These?

The Balloon Fiesta website had photographs of all the brand new Special Shapes for 2022 but now they have replaced that section with photos of the new and the not-so-new without any of that information.

I suspect the one I posted earlier of the witch (?) might not be new for this year.  It's starting to look familiar.

Wish they had left the new shapes separate from the older ones.

Honored Contributor

@just bee    The witch looks familiar to me too.  I love the cute dog.  Thanks for digging these two up.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

@Kachina624 - What beautiful pictures! I would never go up in a balloon, because I'm afraid of heights. But not too far from us you can soar over land and water

To you and all of the other lucky residents there - Happy Golden Anniversary!  Smiley Happy

@beach-mom 

This is strange, but I'm also afraid of heights; yet, when I'm in the basket, I don't have that sensation of height.  I've heard this from other people, too.

Can't explain it.

@just bee    Like being in an airplane.  I never have any sensation of height in a plane either.  Now the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge at Taos is another matter.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

@Kachina624 - What beautiful pictures! I would never go up in a balloon, because I'm afraid of heights. But not too far from us you can soar over land and water

To you and all of the other lucky residents there - Happy Golden Anniversary!  Smiley Happy

@beach-mom 

This is strange, but I'm also afraid of heights; yet, when I'm in the basket, I don't have that sensation of height.  I've heard this from other people, too.

Can't explain it.

@just bee    Like being in an airplane.  I never have any sensation of height in a plane either.  Now the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge at Taos is another matter.

@Kachina624 

I've always had bridge issues but the Gorge Bridge really gets to me.

Rio Grande Gorge Bridge Is Most Beautiful Bridge In New Mexico