Respected Contributor

Re: They're Up, Up, and Away in Albuquerque Today

@Kachina624 Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures as I can enjoy it through your eyes!

Honored Contributor

yeah, everything can be destroyed. Sorry.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  Thanks for sharing.Heart Such a beautiful sight. We were able to see them once in Park City, Utah. A memory that you can't forget.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Looks like a lot of fun to watch!  Do you usually go to view it each year?

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@Kachina624 

Well, they are all GORGEOUS, but my favorite so far is the tiger!

Are the "character " balloons able to go way up high like the regular balloons?

@ChiliPepper    Me too, isn't he cute peeking over that hill?  Just like a kitty cat.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Kachina624 Looks like a lot of fun to watch!  Do you usually go to view it each year?

@haddon9    Absolutely not!  I don't live far from the grounds but you have to leave home at 3am and wait in line in your car about 2 hours to get parked.  Normally, I could do that in 15 min.

I lie in my warm bed and watch on KOB-TV or KOAT-TV, both of which broadcast it live.  Anyone can tune in about 8:30am et and watch on their websites.  They both do a lot by helicopter which gives a great perspective.  It'll run through next Sunday morning and is best on weekends.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@haddon9    Absolutely not!  I don't live far from the grounds but you have to leave home at 3am and wait in line in your car about 2 hours to get parked.  Normally, I could do that in 15 min.

I lie in my warm bed and watch on KOB-TV or KOAT-TV, both of which broadcast it live.  Anyone can tune in about 8:30am et and watch on their websites.  They both do a lot by helicopter which gives a great perspective.  It'll run through next Sunday morning and is best on weekends.

@Kachina624 Do they sometimes drift over your home?  I have on a rare occasion seen and heard a hot air ballon drifting over my home when I lived in NJ...as a matter of fact, I just remembered that when my DD got married in May in a wildflower preserve in the distance we could see a balloon floating in the sky!

Respected Contributor

Thank you @Kachina624! These pictures are stunning. I love the colors & how each is unique. I too would love to see them in person one day ...
Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@Kachina624 Do they sometimes drift over your home?  I have on a rare occasion seen and heard a hot air ballon drifting over my home when I lived in NJ...as a matter of fact, I just remembered that when my DD got married in May in a wildflower preserve in the distance we could see a balloon floating in the sky!

@haddon9   They usually go  North and South through the valley but once in awhile the wind currents are such that they drift my way.  Today was one of those days, however, it seems they landed before they got as far West as my house.  A friend said they were all over the place landing in her neighborhood.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 That must have been a sight for your friend to see! Smiley Happy