Honored Contributor

Re: They're Up, Up and Away in Albuquerque Today

500 now?  Wowzer!      I've only been once, and that was over 25 years ago.  Back then, IIRC, there were around 200 balloons.  That was still twice the size of the one they do here every Sept.

It was a wonderful experience that I would recommend to all.    You have to go at least one early morning, one time during the day, and one time at night.

Bee - you got some great shots!   Thanks for sharing them.  There are several I've never seen up to now.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

500 now?  Wowzer!      I've only been once, and that was over 25 years ago.  Back then, IIRC, there were around 200 balloons.  That was still twice the size of the one they do here every Sept.

It was a wonderful experience that I would recommend to all.    You have to go at least one early morning, one time during the day, and one time at night.

Bee - you got some great shots!   Thanks for sharing them.  There are several I've never seen up to now.  Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt

We've actually had many more than 500 in past years, but we've had to limit the number of balloons for a variety of reasons.  What goes up must come down and it's getting more difficult for our balloonists to find space to land.

We have a lot of new Special Shapes this year and I was lucky enough to spot one this morning that I'd been looking forward to seeing...

Owl

A new one from Great Britain. Woman Very Happy

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Aw, thanks!  I love it.   I always love the animal ones the best.

You take great pics.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Aw, thanks!  I love it.   I always love the animal ones the best.

You take great pics.

@chickenbutt

I can't take credit for any of these -- they're all pulled off the Internet!  But these two showed up on the field today:

Fiesta

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, I wish I were there!   It's been too long ... and I want to go back.

The first year my girl friends and I attented, Jill Bauer was on a grandstand with Carolyn Pollack having a live show on QVC  ... it was awsome!

Honored Contributor

Fiesta

@chickenbutt

Saw Van Gogh today, too!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bridgegal   Try this and see if it works:

Click Here

A couple of my favorites for day trips are El Moro Natl. Monument, Acoma Pueblo, and Chaco Canyon.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

We were there about 12 or 13 years ago.  The Balloon Festival was one of our best trips ever.  Spectacularly beautiful, interesting and fun.

Honored Contributor

They cancelled the balloon glow tonight due to high winds, however they've apparently gone ahead with the fireworks because my Sheltie (who hates them) and I can hear them.  His solution is to stand in the backyard and bark his fool head off until I call him in.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for sharing all the photos,had no idea they are in so many other shapes.