Honored Contributor

Re: They're Up, Up, and Away in Albuquerque Today

@just bee   I bet it was right where they left it, wherever that may have been.  It was just misplaced, otherwise Medina would have expounded on it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@just bee   I bet it was right where they left it, wherever that may have been.  It was just misplaced, otherwise Medina would have expounded on it.

@Kachina624 

Albuquerque police were able to find the balloon and truck Thursday morning. They say detectives found the location of an iPad that was thrown out of the window and visited the location of a known car thief nearby. “Officers made contact with the trailer and discovered that the envelope and other pieces of the balloon were, in fact, inside the trailer,” APD Chief Harold Medina said. Police say the truck was also found near Unser in northwest Albuquerque.

APD says no one is in custody for the theft, and they have not connected the repeat car offender with the crime. Police say they are still working on leads.

Is this another developing story?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Oh, yeah, @cimeranrose ,  I've heard great things about Naples!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624and @just bee ,  glad to hear there's been baby bee balloon theft resolution!   Seems like a complicated story....

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@Kachina624and @just bee ,  glad to hear there's been baby bee balloon theft resolution!   Seems like a complicated story....

@Oznell 

The plot sickens...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@just bee    Maybe the beekeepers partied last night and "forgot" where they left Baby Bee?  I'm so glad they found him.  Hate to see a family break up.

@Kachina624 

They found the trailer and truck, too.  Can't steal a balloon and expect the theft to go unnoticed.

@just bee    Where would a thief fence one of a set of three well-known hot air balloons?  Maybe at a balloon festival in Argentina?

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@just bee    Maybe the beekeepers partied last night and "forgot" where they left Baby Bee?  I'm so glad they found him.  Hate to see a family break up.

@Kachina624 

They found the trailer and truck, too.  Can't steal a balloon and expect the theft to go unnoticed.

@just bee    Where would a thief fence one of a set of three well-known hot air balloons?  Maybe at a balloon festival in Argentina?

@Kachina624 

This is why people shouldn't be out committing crimes at 1:30 in the morning.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The End.  From TV news coverage.

https://fb.watch/g5LZSKcyKx/

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  do you go ballooning?

I've gone up twice:  once in the morning; once in the evening.  So nice - peaceful, yet invigorating.

First time I went up, many years ago, we could see the twin towers from Jersey - that was a really long time ago!

Young and fun times!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme    I'm chicken.  I've never been up.  Hate heights.