Honored Contributor

Re: They're Up, Up, and Away in Albuquerque Today

@just bee    OMG!  Call an Amber Alert.  That's terrible.  What in the world would a thief do with that?  Maybe they were too dumb to guess what was in the trailer.  I bet they find it abandoned.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Bee balloon theft--  oh, no!

@Oznell 

scared-woman-3 | Midwest Christian Outreach, Inc

I'm mortified.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@just bee    OMG!  Call an Amber Alert.  That's terrible.  What in the world would a thief do with that?  Maybe they were too dumb to guess what was in the trailer.  I bet they find it abandoned.

@Kachina624 

These bees have come to Albuquerque for decades and now this?

Our city never fails to disappoint.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bikerbabe has reported an update on The Bee Hive thread.

Joelly has been found.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The baby bee balloon that was reported stolen early Thursday morning has been found. Albuquerque Police Chief Harold Medina tweeted that the bee has been found. No other information has been released this time on where it was found.

Hopefully the family -- Lilly, Joey and Joelly -- will be reunited and launch during this Fiesta.

3 Bumble Bees @ 2015 Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta - Picture of Anderson-Abruzzo International ...

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Oznell , have you ever heard of the New York State Festival of Balloons held in Dansville, New York? My mother had relatives who lived in Dansville and we went to see the balloons when I was growing up. I'm sure the one in New Mexico is on a much bigger scale than the one in Dansville, NY (Dansville's population is less than 5,000 but it is in such a pretty area of New York State!).

Honored Contributor

Love the bees!  (even though real bees terrify me)

I was going through some of my older pics from the Reno event and found several pics I took of the bees and numerous others.  I didn't know one of them is a baby.  Or maybe I haven't seen that one.   At any rate, I'm glad they found him!   That made me sad.

I ran across one of my pics of the huge Eagle balloon who is quite beautiful.

Honored Contributor

That's right, @cimeranrose !   New York State has quite a few,  Dansville,  the Adirondack Balloon fest, one in tiny Wellsville, one in the Hudson Valley.   And I'm sure more.   All in scenic parts of the Empire State.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell , ah yes, little Wellsville, home of the "texas hot" - love those but haven't had one in years! My mother really loved Texas Hots. Wellsville was about 45 minutes away from where I grew up and Dansville was a little further. How I miss my beautiful western New York and all the good food/restaurants there! Don't know if you're familiar with the annual Naples Grape Festival in Naples, NY held in the fall. My parents used to like to drive there and get those dark blue/purple grapes - for some reason I didn't like those grapes, lol. They used to like to eat at a restaurant there in Naples that used to be quite famous (but I can't remember the name of it). 

Honored Contributor

@just bee    Maybe the beekeepers partied last night and "forgot" where they left Baby Bee?  I'm so glad they found him.  Hate to see a family break up.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@just bee    Maybe the beekeepers partied last night and "forgot" where they left Baby Bee?  I'm so glad they found him.  Hate to see a family break up.

@Kachina624 

They found the trailer and truck, too.  Can't steal a balloon and expect the theft to go unnoticed.