Trusted Contributor

Re: They're Up, Up And Away!

Oh wow so beautiful, colorful and a perfect day to enjoy the balloons. Making me want to move to New Mexico!!

Respected Contributor

I saw a picture of them on the news! Very pretty!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

It has always been on my bucket list.  My late husband's business partner used to go there every year.  The pictures were amazing.

However, I wanted to go before then.  I've always thought...'one of those days' my late husband used to say, "You know me....I'm up for anything....but not that".  Ha! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think I mentioned before that for several years I'd go with my best friend ... well, she has Lewy Body dementia now and doesn't remember all those good times we shared there.  I remember now for her  ... 

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

I think I mentioned before that for several years I'd go with my best friend ... well, she has Lewy Body dementia now and doesn't remember all those good times we shared there.  I remember now for her  ... 

I moved my mother out here when she was battling Alzheimer's and one day when we were driving through Rio Rancho, there was a small balloon fiesta in the park.  I pulled over, gave her my jacket and we got up close with the balloons.  She had watched the International Balloon Fiesta with me from a distance: Going to the Balloon Park would have been a challenge for her.  This mini-fiesta was just perfect for us.

She might have forgotten all about it but I'm glad she had that experience.

Here's one of my favorite fiesta videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8YaMK4-MYg

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@silentgirl wrote:

Breathtaking photographs!

My brother was a balloonatic for many years...magnificent things...

WHOOOOOSHHHHHHHhhh

Balloonatic!  I'm a psychiatric nurse here in Albuquerque and I may have to steal that.

I never get tired of them.  Think it all started with The Wizard of Oz...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Beautiful video @just bee.  Thanks for posting.  I heard this morning that just Baby Bee is here this year.  Mom and Dad had other commitments,  next year the whole family will attend with a "surprise";  another baby perhaps?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

Breathtakingly beautiful !!!    Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Beautiful video @just bee.  Thanks for posting.  I heard this morning that just Baby Bee is here this year.  Mom and Dad had other commitments,  next year the whole family will attend with a "surprise";  another baby perhaps?

I heard that, too, and I saw Joelly go up yesterday.  Still waiting to hear if they're grounded today.  We'll see!

Joelly

Awwww.  Still too windy.  They may inflate, but they won't go up.