Esteemed Contributor

Re: They laid off the wrong hosts

@sommertime wrote:

I agree, that I don't watch the Q for entertainment, ie:silliness. I want to know the essentials about the item for sale. If I have to turn off the host, I am not buying! There are too many other venues available to purchase what I want without all the hype & craziness.

I dis-like waiting 3 or 4 weeks or more for my order. Also, free shipping is a nice perk!

--------------------

Totally agree with your comments!!  I have never used QVC as entertainment.  It is a shopping channel...live infomercials to sell products.  If I want to be entertained, there are hundreds of excellent real entertainment channels to watch!!

Valued Contributor

Haven't been here nor watched QVC in a while. 

Who is now gone?  

TIA.

Respected Contributor

Yup!!!!!

SEVERAL of the newer hosts should have GONE! It's very upsetting! They weren't laid off, they were let go! (Include Jill & Courtney also)

Esteemed Contributor

No doubt a corporate decision.  And long time ago someone told me there was some sort of sales checker that registered comments of the hosts and paired it with the sales in real time.  Not sure if this was true but they could do that. So this might have been based on profits. Perhaps one age group buys more than others and then corporate knowing this targets this group and keeps those on who are most  favored by them.  

I would think there was some science involved here. I might love anyone of these hosts and miss them dearly but I might only watch and not buy.  Actually I  DON'T BUY THAT MUCH ANYMORE. Found other sources with free shipping and lower price points. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure length of service, customer satisfaction, sales contributed to decisions.   Probably some were offered a buyout as well.   I did not watch beauty IQ at all but I'm guessing viewership wasn't high but Courtney was most likely better known than Elise Ivy, yet Elise was retained. Courtney may have received an incentive to leave.   I think that was a very good decision and the first time I watched Elise was when she filled in for Leah, hard shoes to fill.   She is an excellent host, very informative, calm, articulate, beautiful skin, of course, very nice sense of style.  Her nails, natural and lovely, simple jewelry.   No silliness or nicknames, no made up words.....too bad she was kept out of sight for so long.  I stopped watching QVC but couldn't sleep and watched QVC 2 and pleasantly surprised.  

Contributor

Who spends the money at QVC? That's who they have to listen to. I find some of the new hosts nauseating. I turn the channel when they are on. I do not buy jewelry, but spend a few thousand a year at QVC, but it is getting less and less, because of their constant lies and poor customer service. Amazon does a great job.
Honored Contributor

@lynderae wrote:
Who spends the money at QVC? That's who they have to listen to. I find some of the new hosts nauseating. I turn the channel when they are on. I do not buy jewelry, but spend a few thousand a year at QVC, but it is getting less and less, because of their constant lies and poor customer service. Amazon does a great job.

@lynderae 

And I can tell you stories about Amazon and their "bait and switch" vendors that they do nothing about, and they even delete their negative reviews, my accunt was hacked, and other "fun things" about Amazon....and what about some of their vendors that were price gouging during the pandemic and all they did was suspend them for awhile...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”