Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 137
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: They laid off the wrong hosts

Just realized yesterday, what happened to the 2 young ladies that were doing Cooks Essentials?  Guess they got the Boot also..

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,477
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: They laid off the wrong hosts

Companies often make what appear to be bad decisions. They have reasons that we wouldn't be aware of. Who knows, the head honcho could be the next to go.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,429
Registered: ‎07-12-2010

Re: They laid off the wrong hosts


@bajsf wrote:

Just realized yesterday, what happened to the 2 young ladies that were doing Cooks Essentials?  Guess they got the Boot also..

 


Do they ever have cook's essentials on or isn't just three hours of David yearning to eat food (and some sipping wine)?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,843
Registered: ‎06-10-2015

Re: They laid off the wrong hosts

"Crappy" hosts?  How rude and degrading.  Just because you do not care for them does not make them crappy.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,469
Registered: ‎04-04-2015

Re: They laid off the wrong hosts


@Fionna wrote:

They should fired the one who laid off the great hosts. He let go the best ones and kept some crappy ones. I guess being with a company for years and giving your all does not mean anything to that one.


So who was let go?

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,494
Registered: ‎09-23-2011

Re: They laid off the wrong hosts

Paid off my Q card and I'm done. They fired the wrong host. Antonella has 22K followers on facebook. She was a breath of fresh air. This was her dream job and she worked hard at it. Fire the newer hosts who add nothing to QVC. 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,197
Registered: ‎04-02-2015

Re: They laid off the wrong hosts


@banned again wrote:

@sarahpanda wrote:

How do you know they were 'laid off' ?  Maybe they felt it was a good time for them to go.  Maybe they had enough money to retire...maybe their significant other wanted them to leave and '''be safe'''..maybe one income @ home was enough and they didn't have to work.  Reading these posts makes me envision them getting a boot to their rear and pushed out the door...which I hardly think was the case.  Maybe it was amicable departure.


And how convienent if that were all true! So thoughtful to give their jobs up to save QVC their salaries as hosts at the higher end of the pay scale so QVC can keep the cheaper, newer hosts they hired two years ago that they didn't need.

 

How lucky four of the hosts decided to become unemployed on the same day, and how shameful of them to indicate through their social media that it was not their choice to leave when according to you, it was their significant others' choice to become a single-income family during challenging economic times, because they want their partner to "be safe" while continuing to work hard on QVC2, on an empty, darkened set.

 

If I wanted to enter your world make-believe, sunnyskies, where every sentence has a "maybe," I'd turn on Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood. 


Thank You, you said it well.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,458
Registered: ‎06-10-2015

Re: They laid off the wrong hosts


@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@sarahpanda wrote:

How do you know they were 'laid off' ?  Maybe they felt it was a good time for them to go.  Maybe they had enough money to retire...maybe their significant other wanted them to leave and '''be safe'''..maybe one income @ home was enough and they didn't have to work.  Reading these posts makes me envision them getting a boot to their rear and pushed out the door...which I hardly think was the case.  Maybe it was amicable departure.


@sarahpanda  - No one had enough money to retire.  Antonella, for one, told the world on FB that she had no idea it was coming and was very upset about it.  She spent many hours crying about it.  


So sorry she published this. It's not going to improve her chances for re-employment.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,562
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: They laid off the wrong hosts

@HLP   

 

The three you list are on all the time, along with Amy.  Now we will see and hear them more and more...unless we turn off QVC.  That is a better option these days.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,658
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: They laid off the wrong hosts


@AuntG wrote:

Companies often make what appear to be bad decisions. They have reasons that we wouldn't be aware of. Who knows, the head honcho could be the next to go.


 

@AuntG 

 

We should be so lucky, with all of the problems going on at QVC (that other online retailers are NOT having).

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.