Respected Contributor

This time it's the IRS, which has dropped that facial recognition requirement for access to online tax records.

Hooray! That was quick!

Esteemed Contributor

It was ridiculous. Thank goodness someone listens. 

Honored Contributor

Good! I wonder if the morons who came up with that idea still have their jobs? LOL  It was soooo stupid.

Honored Contributor

I saw on some news program that the success rate in matching people is rather low, meaning nowhere near 100%.  These police shows where they instantly match someone and effect an immediate arrest are hooey.  And while I'm at it, have you noticed the computers owned by criminals are not password protected and the police get right into them?  

Honored Contributor

I saw that this morning going across my screen on my local news broadcast.  I had no idea what they were referring to, but it sounded dreadful.  I do not do online with the IRS so I had no scary facial recognition with them.  It just sounds horrible.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

It was ridiculous and I didn't think it would work.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Good! I wonder if the morons who came up with that idea still have their jobs? LOL  It was soooo stupid.

@Love my grandkids Of course they do.  No one in the governement is ever fired.  They probably got a promotion.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I'm curious about the campaign contributions of people connected to the facial recognition company that was getting a contract from heaven.

Trusted Contributor
These are the states using facial recognition for everyone filing unemployment claims. I guess it's not stupid if you're jobless.
Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, New Jersey, New York, Nevada, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington and Wyoming.
Honored Contributor

That's great news, @PickyPicky3 .    They weren't expecting that, but the firestorm of well-founded criticism by both the public, and privacy experts, made them backtrack.  People can make a difference.