Honored Contributor

Re: These Sisters Took The Same Photo 40 Years in a Row and the Last One is Absolutely Amazing

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

I'm with @stevieb, while it's better than the alternative, there is nothing else great about aging after 50.  I started noticing bone issues around 55.  At 60 is when evn if I didn't gain weight, my 22 inch weighline was gone.  At 60, I noticed jowls in my face.  I'm grateful to still be here at almost 69 but it's not a cute process.

@Mmsfoxxie You cracked me up with the 'not cute' comment...

Woman Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: These Sisters Took The Same Photo 40 Years in a Row and the Last One is Absolutely Amazing

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Women get slammed if they have a facelift, Botox, or other work done.

Women get slammed for aging naturally, and not having anything done.

Women just can't win with other women.

Us women tend to be so critical of other women, men don't do that.

I think it's a misoncpetion that men don't do that... They might not do it as universally and they mght not do it as often or as viciously, but some men can be pretty catty too...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Wow, what a project. getting together over forty years for a photo.  Some I find sad though, they didn't smile much. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I came across this slideshow the other day and tried to watch it but just couldn't get through it.  These internet slideshows just drive me crazy, ugh.  So many ads and pop ups attached and sometimes you have to go through several pages with just a sentence of text for the same picture, so infuriating, I can't stand it.  

With this particular show, I made it about ten years or so into the show before I said forget it.  I did notice, as others have noted, how serious and sad they looked.  That doesn't necessarily mean anything I guess. Some people just do not like to smile in pictures.  It also struck me that they may be a reserved family.  Or maybe they wanted to have the same basic "look" in all the pictures.  Hard to say.  

Edited to add:  I just went through this slideshow on my laptop to the end on the link provided by the OP and it worked just fine, without any problems.  I initially tried to watch it the other day on my cell phone on another site and it was nothing but interruptions and waiting to get to the next slide.  

Trusted Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie Amen, Sister! Sometimes I wonder who the heck is looking back at me in the mirror? Hiw did THAT happen?! 

Contributor

They ALL would have been much more attractive if they had smiled in both the pictures!

Honored Contributor

I can't help but wonder if they planned to keep the same expressions knowing they would look back some day and compare.

Honored Contributor

What's so amazing about the last photo?

Esteemed Contributor

Is it just me, but don't you think that they all look extremely masculine?  The two on the outside especially.  The second from the left is the most feminine.  Look at them again.  They look like males to me.  But hey, maybe it is too late at night to be making this call Smiley Happy.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

Fabulous! Beautiful then and now. The New York Times article was very nice.