Honored Contributor

Re: These Sisters Took The Same Photo 40 Years in a Row and the Last One is Absolutely Amazing

Wow how shallow our today's society has become! Instead of complimenting these women for all staying together and all being still alive and healthy, the OP is commenting on their looks. There's so much more to aging than just what we see on the outside. Woman Surprised

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Re: These Sisters Took The Same Photo 40 Years in a Row and the Last One is Absolutely Amazing

@ID2 wrote:

Wow how shallow our today's society has become! Instead of complimenting these women for all staying together and all being still alive and healthy, the OP is commenting on their looks. There's so much more to aging than just what we see on the outside. Woman Surprised

@ID2  The visual slides were so you could compare how they aged... otherwise what would the reason be for doing it?  I commented on their looks changing as that is what is so prevalent and obvious... year by year by year. Shallow? I think not. The slides were not to show anything other than how their looks changed...   if you want it to be a deep psychological explanation of their lives.... go for it.

Respected Contributor

@missy1

Thanks for the lovely article.  It explained alot of questions I had.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

@ID2  The visual slides were so you could compare how they aged... otherwise what would the reason be for doing it?  I commented on their looks changing as that is what is so prevalent and obvious... year by year by year. Shallow? I think not. The slides were not to show anything other than how their looks changed...   if you want it to be a deep psychological explanation of their lives.... go for it.

Thanks for posting. Youth and appearance are very important in our society. Yes, some call it shallow but would be very surprised at themselves how often they judge others on appearance. We all do it and to say otherwise .....well, that shows a lack of self awareness.

The sisters all looked like sun worshippers and obviously genetically come from the same gene pool. Let's face it, we are a product of our genetics and habits. They all look weathered and not particularly happy. Interesting though....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden

Am I missing something here ?

These photos ran from 1975 to 2011 and the last photo has nothing "amazing" about it .... unless I missed something.   Anyone see what's amazing here?

Does anyone know where these women live?   What struck me was the profound sadness in their eyes ....  what could have happened to these women as children?    

The only year with even a semblence of warmth was 1988.   All the rest seem so very sad.   How unfortunate.

Honored Contributor

The thing that amazed me the most is you could still recognize each sister as the person she was 40 yrs. prior.  Have you ever met old classmates for lunch after 20, 30, or 40 years and wouldn't have known them had they not told you what to look for or what they would be wearing?

DH was to meet with classmates for a small reunion (small country school).  He got to the restaurant early and waited and waited. He was just ready to leave when he saw someone he recognized sat down at a table full of people.  He hadn't recognized one of those people at that table and they didn't know him when he finally went over! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think they look old, yes they aged ,but that is what happens, you have genes we inherit from our families, to me they look natural from the start,not all made up,aren't they lucky they still have each other?I think they are the out door type of ladies, they seem to live near the ocean,from the places named on the pictures.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I'm with @stevieb, while it's better than the alternative, there is nothing else great about aging after 50.  I started noticing bone issues around 55.  At 60 is when evn if I didn't gain weight, my 22 inch weighline was gone.  At 60, I noticed jowls in my face.  I'm grateful to still be here at almost 69 but it's not a cute process.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

Women get slammed if they have a facelift, Botox, or other work done.

Women get slammed for aging naturally, and not having anything done.

Women just can't win with other women.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Women get slammed if they have a facelift, Botox, or other work done.

Women get slammed for aging naturally, and not having anything done.

Women just can't win with other women.

Us women tend to be so critical of other women, men don't do that.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.