Honored Contributor

These Sisters Took The Same Photo 40 Years in a Row and the Last One is Absolutely Amazing

[ Edited ]

It is a slide show starting in 1975.  I feel that they aged badly.    I think they never used sun screen or retinol A. Their skin is very weathered  in the final pictures... and  they are the same age as I am basically. 

http://www.itsthevibe.com/4-sisters-beautifully-age-over-40-years/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=soc...

Honored Contributor

Re: These Sisters Took The Same Photo 40 Years in a Row and the Last One is Absolutely Amazing

Geez. Way to judge.

This is what real women look like. Without all the fake our society 'demands' these days.

You have no idea what their lives involved, their health, their stresses, and the path each walked.

They seem to be 'real' women. They appear to not be caught up in lifts, and tucks, and creams and makeup. 

This is what the human body does as it ages, and it is not only natural it is beautiful.

I love to see beautiful natural women, who's faces, skin, body and hair tell the story of their lives.

Honored Contributor

Re: These Sisters Took The Same Photo 40 Years in a Row and the Last One is Absolutely Amazing

In our bedroom I have a collage frame with pictures of DH & I since high school and on to now - I am 67 & he is 71. It seems our appearance changed quite a bit very quickly at one point - for me it was around mid 50's so it was at menopause and for him in his early 60's. I noticed the same thing seems to have happened to these women in the pictures.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio  Sometimes people don't realize how much they themself have changed. I wonder if this OP has looked at  pictures of herself then and now lately.

Respected Contributor

I think that's really interesting.  I saw that before somewhere.

We all age...

Honored Contributor

I applaud them for having the discipline to do this 40 years in a row.  Life is so uncertain, bless them that they've had each other for 40 years.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

The slideshow isn't working for me for some reason, but based on the two photos on the start page, well, my gosh, they all look like they had a healthy helping of rusty nails for breakfast... And sorry, I can't agree that aging in beautiful... There might be a certain charm associated with every stage of life and to be sure there are some lovely older people, both physically and otherwise, but far too many of the changes associated with aging are not pleasant and, on a purely superficial level, are not particularly pretty... Of course, it beats the alternative...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Geez. Way to judge.

This is what real women look like. Without all the fake our society 'demands' these days.

You have no idea what their lives involved, their health, their stresses, and the path each walked.

They seem to be 'real' women. They appear to not be caught up in lifts, and tucks, and creams and makeup. 

This is what the human body does as it ages, and it is not only natural it is beautiful.

I love to see beautiful natural women, who's faces, skin, body and hair tell the story of their lives.

@Mominohio  This was just my opinion on what I felt after viewing the slide show. Nothing wrong with them being so called real women... I was just commenting on their skin and how much it aged.  It really did tell the story of their lives that is for sure! 

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

In our bedroom I have a collage frame with pictures of DH & I since high school and on to now - I am 67 & he is 71. It seems our appearance changed quite a bit very quickly at one point - for me it was around mid 50's so it was at menopause and for him in his early 60's. I noticed the same thing seems to have happened to these women in the pictures.

I agree that we can go on looking somewhat the same for many, many years and then, almost suddenly, seem to age and look quite different.  I went through a period of complete and utter stress on a daily basis for well over a year and I can see what a toll that took on me.  

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Mominohio  Sometimes people don't realize how much they themself have changed. I wonder if this OP has looked at  pictures of herself then and now lately.

I know how much I have aged since I was 25.  No nips or tucks, no fillers or botox. I even let my hair go natural white...... But I did since my 20's  and do continue at 60ish to use good practices with sunscreen and skin care. My skin looks a whole lot better that theirs does at the same age .  I have aged.. but much more gracefully.