Super Contributor

These J.C. Penney Stores Will Close In 2015

for those of you that still shop there:

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2467724/original.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: These J.C. Penney Stores Will Close In 2015

Sorry to hear for many folks who have enjoyed shopping at that store. The ones I have frequented seem to do very well.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Super Contributor

wow!

MA

JC closing in Hanover

Sears closing in Kingston (might have already!)

They are one exit apart on Rt 3.

(I don't happen to go to either store. If they closed the one on the Cape I wouldn't even notice! Used to go in for Land's End, but doing that online now)

Guess that makes me somewhat of a contributor to their problems, but Sears is just a glorified K-Mart now. Since K-Mart owns them I expected as much.

K-Mart's 'basic editions' is soooo similar to D&C it's disconcerting!

Honored Contributor

I haven't shopped there lately but that's always a shame. We only have one store in this small city, so I guess it's still doing ok. We did buy some living room furniture there about 3 years, or so, ago. It was all made in the US too.

Honored Contributor

Nothing in my area which is kind of shocking.

I do periodically go to Columbus to shop but rarely if ever do I go to Eastland Mall.

Honored Contributor

I have to go 20 miles to another town to shop JCP so I rarely do. i used to love , love , love to shop their catalogs though.

Honored Contributor

None near me. I can't remember the last time I bought anything at a JCP though.

It might have been some curtain rods.

Honored Contributor

I recently bought 2 pair of boots from them and 3 long sleeve t-shirts. I had a coupon for everything and it all shipped to me for free. Prior to that though, it had been years since I shopped with them.

Trusted Contributor

State College is near Penn State. I was there before on business and that mall hardly has any good stores as it is. they're really gonna miss JC Penney IMO.

Regular Contributor

I like the store. Don't know why things are going bad for them. I do not shop.the little stores in my mall. Seems to me the clothes are marketed for the younger crowd and quality mot there. Just my opinion. This past holiday season I did very well purchasing clothes for my grandchildren with their coupons. I have birthdays in November December and January. Also got nice Christmas clothing gifts for them. I like to give clothes as a little extra gift with their toys. I remember the catalogue. What a great item that was. I still.purchase many items for myself and other family members.