Honored Contributor
On 1/5/2015 sunshine45 said:
On 1/5/2015 brii said:
On 1/5/2015 Peaches McPhee said:

One odd (and minor) take-away I am getting from this is surprise that people have to report to prison at 3 am. 3 am?

I think they were trying to avoid publicity.

I wonder if Joe was with her?

according to reports, joe was not with her. i am sure he stayed behind to be with the kids.

I hadn't heard. That does make sense.

Super Contributor
On 1/5/2015 brii said:
On 1/5/2015 sunshine45 said:
On 1/5/2015 brii said:
On 1/5/2015 Peaches McPhee said:

One odd (and minor) take-away I am getting from this is surprise that people have to report to prison at 3 am. 3 am?

I think they were trying to avoid publicity.

I wonder if Joe was with her?

according to reports, joe was not with her. i am sure he stayed behind to be with the kids.

I hadn't heard. That does make sense.

A blog said Joe stayed home and drove the girls to school.
Honored Contributor

It's a given that our prison system doesn't work and needs an overhaul. Most people are not rehabilitated which was the original intention of prison. Our prisons are overflowing with repeat offenders.

I have said from the get go that I thought Tre should have gotten house arrest and I think that's what she would have been given had they not continually, for all intents and purposes, given the Court the finger, by their actions.

Respected Contributor
On 1/5/2015 Lotus~ said:
On 1/5/2015 AnnaBella said: What lesson do WE need to learn from her criminal activity? What do you mean?

So many criticize her and her family as if they are w/o fault.

I really wonder how many of you have never done anything wrong in your lives and live/d in denial about it.

"He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

I find it all rather amusing.

I don't hate her, but I don't feel sorry for her, either. This was not a one time mistake or slip up. This was something that went on over a long period of time. At the very least, she should have complied with the court's request to properly fill out that paperwork. My understanding was that the judge's frustration with this contributed to her getting prison time and not probation. I really don't feel sorry for her. Perhaps she will contemplate her actions and make decisions about the directions her life goes in the future. She is the only one in need of learning some lessons.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor
On 1/5/2015 LipstickDiva said:

It's a given that our prison system doesn't work and needs an overhaul. Most people are not rehabilitated which was the original intention of prison. Our prisons are overflowing with repeat offenders.

I have said from the get go that I thought Tre should have gotten house arrest and I think that's what she would have been given had they not continually, for all intents and purposes, given the Court the finger, by their actions.

ITA.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Super Contributor
On 1/5/2015 YorkieonmyPillow said:

I feel sorry for her and I feel sorry for her kids. I don't think she should be in prison. She isn't violent.

I beg to differ....did you see her at the party and the table turning incident? People had to hold her back from physically punching another housewife.
Respected Contributor

Well, she's going to have a lot of time thinking about it as she sits on the toilet without a seat in front of others for a year. Let's see if she comes out a changed person.

Respected Contributor
On 1/5/2015 AnnaBella said:
On 1/5/2015 YorkieonmyPillow said:

I feel sorry for her and I feel sorry for her kids. I don't think she should be in prison. She isn't violent.

I beg to differ....did you see her at the party and the table turning incident? People had to hold her back from physically punching another housewife.

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/5/2015 Cattitude said:
On 1/5/2015 Caravaggio said:
On 1/5/2015 WenGirl42 said:

If we shouldn't cast stones at her, then why cast stones at anyone who commits crimes? We should let everyone out of prison because we've all made mistakes. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Seriously. The prisons are all too crowded anyway.

Well we can all sleep easier knowing Teresa is in prison. Of course someone like 1%'r Al Sharpton among others can go on not paying taxes and get away with it.

You understand why Teresa is in prison, don't you? The judge was not going to give her time, but Teresa continued to disrespect the court and the judge by not filling out necessary paperwork to disclose additional assets. She angered the judge and was punished for it.

EXACTLY!! Teresa got jail time because she felt like she did all along. Rules weren't made for her. She has only herself to blame but of course she won't do that because she is STILL blaming everyone else. No one does what she did by "mistake" not realizing they were committing a crime. She made a FAKE tax form for a job she didn't have to obtain a loan. Anyone with half of a brain would know that is illegal.

If she had handed in the mandatory paperwork she would be spending no time in jail. I am not crazy about sending people to jail over cases like this either but if anyone deserved jail time to actually teach them a lesson, it was definitely her. She is still blaming others. At what point will she take responsibility?

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor
On 1/5/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:
On 1/5/2015 Caravaggio said:
On 1/5/2015 WenGirl42 said:

If we shouldn't cast stones at her, then why cast stones at anyone who commits crimes? We should let everyone out of prison because we've all made mistakes. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Seriously. The prisons are all too crowded anyway.

Well we can all sleep easier knowing Teresa is in prison. Of course someone like 1%'r Al Sharpton among others can go on not paying taxes and get away with it.

You understand why Teresa is in prison, don't you? The judge was not going to give her time, but Teresa continued to disrespect the court and the judge by not filling out necessary paperwork to disclose additional assets. She angered the judge and was punished for it.

EXACTLY!! Teresa got jail time because she felt like she did all along. Rules weren't made for her. She has only herself to blame but of course she won't do that because she is STILL blaming everyone else. No one does what she did by "mistake" not realizing they were committing a crime. She made a FAKE tax form for a job she didn't have to obtain a loan. Anyone with half of a brain would know that is illegal.

If she had handed in the mandatory paperwork she would be spending no time in jail. I am not crazy about sending people to jail over cases like this either but if anyone deserved jail time to actually teach them a lesson, it was definitely her. She is still blaming others. At what point will she take responsibility?

EXACTLY? Really? her comment is questioning whether or not I understand and you feel that sums it up really?

OK then.