Respected Contributor
On 1/5/2015 Lotus~ said:
On 1/5/2015 Caravaggio said:

I agree considering there are prominent people who owe millions in unpaid taxes this is a joke to put her behind bars instead of house arrest. But I gave up sharing my POV since it seems if it is not what the majority rule as popular you are personal bashed for daring to voice a different POV.

You're entitled to your opinion Cara....who cares if others don't agree?

I'm sure there are some NOT so prominent people who have cheated on their taxes. Just sayin'.

LOL, we have people on these very boards bragging about that practically every day Wink

Super Contributor
On 1/5/2015 brii said:

I too think it was terrible she lied to her younger two. The best gift she could have given them was to be honest with them.

She did something wrong and has to suffer the consequences of her actions. Her kids should know that.

The youngest one is 4. I don't think she needs to know the truth right now. She will eventually find out.

Super Contributor
On 1/5/2015 Lion said:
On 1/5/2015 lulu2 said:

This was discussed on the VIEW today. She told the 2 younger girls she was going to jail because she's writing a book about jail. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

As far as "casting stones", I think Tre deserves it.

She has taken no responsibility for her actions. She makes excuses for everything. Worst of all, she has shown absolutely NO remorse for cheating good, decent, hard-working people out of the $$ she owed them, while she continues to spend $$ on herself and family.

If she had shown one ounce of remorse and sincere attempts to repay all the people she and Joe have cheated, instead of continuing to think of herself first, I might be able to have some sympathy.

I predict she will come out of this the exact same person she was before. No change.

ITA.

She shows no remorse and doesn't think she's done anything wrong.

Super Contributor
On 1/5/2015 WenGirl42 said:
On 1/5/2015 Lotus~ said:
On 1/5/2015 Caravaggio said:

I agree considering there are prominent people who owe millions in unpaid taxes this is a joke to put her behind bars instead of house arrest. But I gave up sharing my POV since it seems if it is not what the majority rule as popular you are personal bashed for daring to voice a different POV.

You're entitled to your opinion Cara....who cares if others don't agree?

I'm sure there are some NOT so prominent people who have cheated on their taxes. Just sayin'.

LOL, we have people on these very boards bragging about that practically every day Wink

Really? I've yet to read anything like that.

Posters actually claim they are cheating on their taxes?

Respected Contributor
On 1/5/2015 Cattitude said:
On 1/5/2015 brii said:

I too think it was terrible she lied to her younger two. The best gift she could have given them was to be honest with them.

She did something wrong and has to suffer the consequences of her actions. Her kids should know that.

The youngest one is 4. I don't think she needs to know the truth right now. She will eventually find out.

IMO, it would be better for the 4 year old to at least know her mom isn't choosing (directly) to be away from her/her sisters. Though the lesson about consequences of actions would be good for her too, I think.

Honored Contributor

Eventually those kids are going to grow up and become curious about their parents. All they have to do is search the internet and it's going to be a rude awakening.

They should have prepared them with the truth instead of another lie. I don't think she's going to change this pattern of behavior.

Respected Contributor

So unless someone has confirmation that Teresa actually lied to her youngest it is only being "reported" as her saying that, from what I can find online. Does anyone have it that she actually said this? This is all speculation but everyone on here is writing as if it is fact.

Super Contributor

So you suggest you sit a 4 year old down and say Mommy is bad and is going away for a year to be punished?

Honored Contributor
On 1/5/2015 SydneyH said:

I understand the opposite POV, but honestly the finger-pointing and blame game was still being played up their sentencing day. Perhaps the judge grew tired of their antics.

Even after the sentencing Teresa was still blaming her lawyer for the fact she was going to jail.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure there's a way to tell a 4 year old the truth in ways that she would be able to grasp without resorting to another lie.

It's not like they hauled her off in front of the kids in handcuffs. They had several months to prepare for this event.