Honored Contributor

The NBC NYC local news reported tonight that the February release date was on Teresa's record when she ""checked"" into prison. They said no explanation was given. It has nothing to do with early release for good behavior.

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/8/2015 Melania2 said:
On 1/8/2015 Joey Heatherton said:
On 1/8/2015 Chihuahualuv said:

I received an e-mail from PEOPLE today stating that Tre is already going to be released a little early. She got 15 months, but now will be out February 2016.

Yes....pls see my post here #197..........those are standard federal guidelines........with good behavior she can be released after 85% of her sentence is served...........HOWEVER it's all contingent on good behavior..........any write-up will ensure serving her full 15 mos..........plus, depending on DOC and judge, even if T is released early she might still need to serve balance at halfway house........every case is unique............

If that People story is true, how can she get off early for good behavior if she just got there??? She hasn't had enough time to "behave".

According to the Daily Mail it wasn't specified as to why she got 2 months immediately off of her sentence. There was no reason given such as good behavior.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2902097/Teresa-Giudice-s-original-15-month-prison-sente...

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

This should be a wake up call for people who play IRS games. The IRS wins, ALWAYS.

Seizing everything they own, including the Christmas presents, shows the IRS does not play "holier than the regular person" game. My husband made a legit mistake many years ago,

I could not believe they blew off setting up an installment plan for the $250,000. they had to pay. Who does that? A simple 'set up a payment plan', and their mess would have been a teeny bit less messy.

What I have real trouble with is that they (Mr and Mrs) are lying to the kids over where Mommy is! I understand they feel it is more than the little ones can comprehend, but to outright lie to them? Only the 13 yo knows everything, the 10 yo knows some, but not all.

The two youngest think she is being locked in to get 'jail information so she can write a book'. That just makes me see RED! Get a psych involved and help Mr And Mrs explain this in a dumbed down way so they understand, but to LIE??

It is all over the Internet, forever. These girls are already going to be messed up by this, then they grow up and read that they were lied to? Grrrrr.....

Super Contributor
The UK' s Daily Mail is not a trustworthy source.......PEOPLE is one step above BUT in the business of selling mags and getting online hits with th the enticement of hot gossip and "insider" info.........IMO not 100% trustworthy..........FACT: Teresa is in a federal facility, which has strict guidelines............inmates MUST serve a minimum of 85% of their sentence......NO less under any circumstance...........it's just the way it is.......
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/8/2015 Joey Heatherton said: The UK' s Daily Mail is not a trustworthy source.......PEOPLE is one step above BUT in the business of selling mags and getting online hits with th the enticement of hot gossip and "insider" info.........IMO not 100% trustworthy..........FACT: Teresa is in a federal facility, which has strict guidelines............inmates MUST serve a minimum of 85% of their sentence......NO less under any circumstance...........it's just the way it is.......

I actually find them to be pretty reliable. I notice they usually come out with a story and then several days later it will come out here. They found out because they used the inmate locator and the release date was revised.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor
On 1/8/2015 lulu2 said:

The NBC NYC local news reported tonight that the February release date was on Teresa's record when she "checked" into prison. They said no explanation was given. It has nothing to do with early release for good behavior.

I will hazard a guess..........Teresa was sentenced to 15 mos commencing January 5, 2015...........15 x .85 (percent) =12.75......that is, 12 months and 3 weeks.........that is, her first ELIGIBILITY for release (with good behavior) is February 2016..........the Feds don't deviate from the guidelines........
Honored Contributor
On 1/8/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:

I received an e-mail from PEOPLE today stating that Tre is already going to be released a little early. She got 15 months, but now will be out February 2016.

Yes....pls see my post here #197..........those are standard federal guidelines........with good behavior she can be released after 85% of her sentence is served...........HOWEVER it's all contingent on good behavior..........any write-up will ensure serving her full 15 mos..........plus, depending on DOC and judge, even if T is released early she might still need to serve balance at halfway house........every case is unique............

If that People story is true, how can she get off early for good behavior if she just got there??? She hasn't had enough time to "behave".

According to the Daily Mail it wasn't specified as to why she got 2 months immediately off of her sentence. There was no reason given such as good behavior.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2902097/Teresa-Giudice-s-original-15-month-prison-sente...

Maybe "good behavior" is jargon for blowing a few powers-that-be. Most men are so easy, after all. Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/8/2015 feline groovy said:
On 1/8/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:

Maybe "good behavior" is jargon for blowing a few powers-that-be. Most men are so easy, after all. Smiley Wink

lol!! That is one way to do it. Seems like there has been a lot of stories of secks between guards and prisoners!! Yes, I was thinking they probably give off time for good behavior right away and if they do something to mess it up, they take it away from them. They just don't tell the reason in the article because they haven't given an official comment but that makes sense.

JFK
Trusted Contributor

I agree with Joey H. The exit date may be put as the earliest possible, 85% with good behavior. Might be the way they input it into their system so it flags for review at that point? To Teresa's dismay, she is only one of hundreds. They have to keep track of all inmates review dates, not just her.

I do not like her behavior, but I do know most Moms would do everything perfect in jail, just to get back to their kids. Separating Teresa's bad behavior (and her husbands for that matter), she wants to get home and hug her girls.

I hope this humbles her and brings her to her knees to see she needs to stop this crazy behavior. If you are not rich, you are not rich, period. No need to steal to get rich.

When she gets out, and he goes in, I have a gut feel she will divorce him. He has an alcohol problem (which he admits) that has been going on for a long time. SHE is the "reality TV" draw, and I bet she is right back on the tube soon after release (which REALLY aggravates me, because anyone else with a felony on their record stays unemployed for years because they have to check 'yes' under 'have you ever been convicted of a felony').

So, she is still going to be treated differently than every day people. Once she is employed though, I really do think Joe is going buh bye. JMO.

I heard she gets 12 visits a month to see her kids. That seemed like a lot to me. I thought jail visits were only on week-ends? AND she gets $320.00 a month for the jail store! That is more than most get, although jail money is family/friend funded, the jail commissary prices are lower than a regular store.

(I have not been in jail lol. I have a friend who is a corrections officer. It is a tough job!)

Regular Contributor
She is a liar and a thief, no sympathy from me. She is a horrible role model for her girls - the lying and stealing is just a tip of the iceberg!