Respected Contributor

Re: There seems to be the inability to discern the difference between

Well, it's been gratifying attempting to exchange ideas and discover how things work outside our own borders, but I can see the font sizes getting larger and the attempts to take this thread down, so I'm taking my trains and going home.

Have a great night everyone and hide your gold.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@RazorSharp  

I like you and usually agree with your posts but on this issue, I respectfully disagree.  Early this am, many of us were caught up with the vote in the UK, not really believing what were seeing.  CNBC showed the markets responding in Asia as well as DOW futures (down 717 points) and we were frightened.  It was akin to watching a train crash. So surreal.

I was watching, and I have to say, I felt it was much more media contrived hysteria. And I hope (and believe) that is exactly the way it will eventually play out, a lot of media hype, because that is what they do.

@Mominohio

Media hysteria????  The WORLD WIDE economy shrunk by 2.1 TRILLION dollars today, that's not hysteria, it's reality.  

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@RazorSharp  

I like you and usually agree with your posts but on this issue, I respectfully disagree.  Early this am, many of us were caught up with the vote in the UK, not really believing what were seeing.  CNBC showed the markets responding in Asia as well as DOW futures (down 717 points) and we were frightened.  It was akin to watching a train crash. So surreal.

I was watching, and I have to say, I felt it was much more media contrived hysteria. And I hope (and believe) that is exactly the way it will eventually play out, a lot of media hype, because that is what they do.

The economies of the world will be unstable for a moment, but everything will eventually go back to normal.  While the media may have hyped that aspect, the fact that a country decided to leave 27 other countries in the European Union behind after 40 years of consort is not hype, it's historical.

QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for commenting as it has turned political....