Super Contributor

Re: There seems to be the inability to discern the difference between

I agree.  I've seen posts here that get much more contentious than this discussion.  I happen to believe that it is possible to disagree withouth being disagreeable... 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately the moderators can tell when something WILL BECOME INAPPROPRIATE.  Topics such as this will devolve because of the nature of the event and why it was done.  It's a no brainer.  If a thread discussing Lisa Robertson has to be shut down, what would be the obvious decision here?  The thing is, it's not everyone participating in a discussion.  It can be a few who will derail it for everyone else. 

It's unfortunate we can't have rational discussions without name calling, "otherism" and all the "isms" that come with differing view points. I am personally pleased that all the hateful and dreadful comments don't make it here long.  People do and can debate issues that are meaningful.  You won't find it here though.

We have to remember we do not own this site.  Everything we write here, becomes property of QVC.  We should just be glad we have a place and try to abide by the rules.

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

@Maudelynn wrote:

Thanks for posting this.  ITA.  If North Korea was about to send a nuke, could we talk about that?

Errr, have you seen the news tonight?  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Valued Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Maudelynn wrote:

Thanks for posting this.  ITA.  If North Korea was about to send a nuke, could we talk about that?

Serious?

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.
Respected Contributor

@Maudelynn wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Maudelynn wrote:

Serious?

Yep.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

Another area of concern is science and medicine.  The UK worked closely with other EU nations on scientific research and studies because of 'freedoms.'  Within the next two years, things will change and these same 'freedoms' won't be so easy.  Europe is on the cutting edge when it comes to Cancer research.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

@Maudelynn wrote:

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

If there is a Q in Japan I'd bet there'd be a discussion.

And to be sure they're discussing BREXIT on  the GB community forum.

But in the world's greatest democracy? We're silenced.

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I do not see how those threads are really political versus financial. We are discussing a major world event that will affect the US and us personally, possibly in a major financial way.  I would very much like to be able to chat with others about this and get their thoughts on it. The threads aren't even contentious!

Do you understand the impetus for what happened in the UK?  If you do, just think about it you'd see how easily it could turn ugly.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

The thread is turning! This is what Beth is talking about, let's keep it civil and to the point!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Valued Contributor

From what I understand, citizens will not be able to travel freely between other European countries any longer.

I have a friend in the UK and she said there is a petition with half a million signatures to have a new vote since the "leave" vote was less than 60% and the turnout was under 75%.

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.