Honored Contributor

There’s a different, NEW huge salad recall out. Please check Wellness for details.

[ Edited ]

There's a different, NEW huge salad recall out. Please check my post in Wellness for details, including complete list of all products. This time its Dole, and related brands and other  bagged items such as cole slaw and shredded carrots. A couple of days ago it was Fresh Express and related brands.

Honored Contributor

Re: There’s a different, NEW huge salad recall out. Please check Wellness for details.

I bought several sweet kale and asian coleslaw at sam's club and costco...throwing them out.

Honored Contributor

Re: There’s a different, NEW huge salad recall out. Please check Wellness for details.

Fresh Express is back on our shelves.  I went to service desk cuz i received  phone message about the last recall but I did not have a receipt or the bag cuz we finished it so I threw out the bag.  They got difficult with me telling me i needed the bag or receipt, so I told her to look it up on my purchase accout with my member card and she said reluctantly "well OK but it's going to take some time."  So I got annoyed and said forget it, your store left the message that I purchased it sooooo.  Then she must have given it another thought and said "well I guess I could give you the refund."  All that for $2.50.  

I think this stuff takes too long getting to shelves and then sits there too long.  Doesn't even look crisp and fresh when I go to buy it.  Lots of times I pass it up for the way it looks.

Super Contributor

What is going on with our food?  So many recalls.  You can't afford to eat anything that's not cooked to death unless you have a death wish.  The quality of our food isgetting worse.  Unless you are fortunate enough to be able to grow it yourself you get poisoned.  It seems we have the worst quality food of any civilized country.  Where the heck does all the Listeria in our salads come from?  What is wrong with the water they use?  How does Salmonella end up in Salad?  Worst of all all the recalls come in way past the expiration dates of the salads.  Who still had salad 3 weeks past the expiration date?  How many people have been sickened by the time they get around to detecting the problems?   I haven't eaten salad or anything that can't be cooked in months.  Every company bringing this contaminated food to stores should be fined and sued.