Trusted Contributor

Re: There is a Verdict in the Murdaugh trial!!

@JaneMarple 

It would have been a faster trial and verdict if Ms Marple was on the case.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd never seen anything like it: the defense almost admitting that the prosecution's case in refuting the defendant's lies was so good, their client had to take the stand to admit it formally, then try to overcome it. Still, I thought at least a couple would vote to acquit. I hope Murdaugh gets the max.

Sadly, the other victim here is Buster. He walked out of the court, alone, thanks to the actions of his father.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

So glad he was found guilty. Said the sentencing phase will start tomorrow. Hope he gets the maximum sentance.
Honored Contributor

@AlsaceGal wrote:

@JaneMarple 

It would have been a faster trial and verdict if Ms Marple was on the case.

@AlsaceGal LOL

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Trusted Contributor

@brandiwine 

I just heard on CNN that life in S.C is 30 years max for each of his murders.

Respected Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:

I'd never seen anything like it: the defense almost admitting that the prosecution's case in refuting the defendant's lies was so good, their client had to take the stand to admit it formally, then try to overcome it. I thought at least a couple would vote to acquit. I hope Murdaugh gets the max.

Sadly, the other victim here is Buster. He walked out of the court, alone, thanks to the actions of his father.

He might be better of without his fathers influence, he was kicked out of college for plagerism and daddy paid 60k to get him enrolled again.

Honored Contributor

As I watched the verdict being reading, it was chilling to observe the lack of any emotion on Murdaugh's face.

I can't imagine the emotional state of his older existing son tonight.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spumoni99 wrote:

@Moonlady wrote:

I'd never seen anything like it: the defense almost admitting that the prosecution's case in refuting the defendant's lies was so good, their client had to take the stand to admit it formally, then try to overcome it. I thought at least a couple would vote to acquit. I hope Murdaugh gets the max.

He might be better of without his fathers influence, he was kicked out of college for plagerism and daddy paid 60k to get him enrolled again.

Well, there you are, then. Because one thing which seems clear is that there's little to no accountability in this family--Dad felt he had to pick up Paul's droppings (boat crash), and now I'm hearing he did the same for Buster. And, of course, Murdaugh, himself, thought he'd get away with murder...

I still feel bad for Buster. I don't know what the family dynamics are now, but there has to be tension. There usually is when family members don't agree on another's guilt.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

If I was on the jury the two points that really did it for me was 1. Why did he tell the housekeeper to say she saw him wearing a specific shirt when she didn't see that? 2. Why did he call both of them to the house unless he did that to kill them?

Respected Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

I was shocked that they found him guilty so quickly.  I thought the jury was sympathic to him - didn't a juror hand him tissues during his testimony?  I thiink the video on his son's phone where you can hear Alex in the background did him in. 

I think you're right....